sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by 101nick101 View Post
    You are a smart pooch.
    You're too kind. Cautious old mutt probably better describes me.

Keeping an eye on KPG - I've said for some time they are directly in the firing line of a delta outbreak.
    Could be good buying around 80 cents if this outbreak gets really ugly.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    HEAPS more valuable indeed !
    The events today, have shown how pertinent this discussion has been. The low interest earned on my deposits no longer seem so low.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    It is a more difficult decision to have cash and term deposits when the interest rates are so far below the CPI inflation rate! However with asset prices at current levels and with a lot of uncertainty with Covid progression, My bank deposits have never been higher. I have split them between Heartland and two big Australian owned Banks. Heartland rates are slightly higher. Heartland Bank shares also comprise about 7% of my share portfolio.
    The events today, have shown how pertinent this discussion has been. The low interest earned on my deposits no longer seem so low.
    Yes its hard to believe we only started talking about this yesterday. I for one have been extremely reluctant to mention the percentage allocation to cash and short term deposit in case people thought I was unhinged so thank you for starting the conversation. Won't mention percentage allocations now either because its not cool to talk about it after the option value of cash has just shot up so much.
    Last edited by Beagle; 17-08-2021 at 05:15 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Keeping an eye on KPG - I've said for some time they are directly in the firing line of a delta outbreak.
    Sold out of KPG not 2 days ago, will be keeping an eye on how AIA opens as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 101nick101 View Post
    Sold out of KPG not 2 days ago, will be keeping an eye on how AIA opens as well.
    Great timing !!!

Advanced Member

If it gets really ugly there will be a few more opportunities than KPG. For example, recall what happened to OCA ?
    Pleased I have a significant amount of cash. Although like last time...I could well be like a possum in the headlights trying to decide what to buy or sell.

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    If it gets really ugly there will be a few more opportunities than KPG. For example, recall what happened to OCA ?
    Pleased I have a significant amount of cash. Although like last time...I could well be like a possum in the headlights trying to decide what to buy or sell.
    Yes mate...the headlights are so bright with Covid its difficult to see anything with real clarity. I might start a new thread soon along the lines of what opportunities are you looking to pounce on in this lockdown ?

Give us something to do and talk about while we sit here endlessly bored with yet another lockdown. "Go hard and go early". You wouldn't find a bookie even prepared to give you $1.01 back on the dollar for Cindy to say that at the 6.00 p.m. press conference this evening !
    Last edited by Beagle; 17-08-2021 at 05:40 PM.

Guru

Give us something to do and talk about while we sit here endlessly bored with yet another lockdown. "Go hard and go early". You wouldn't find a bookie even prepared to give you $1.01 back on the dollar for Cindy to say that at the 6.00 p.m. press conference this evening !
    I lost count of the number of times it was used before I logged onto online shopping to order my truck load of bog rolls. A week may be a long time in politics but a day is even longer for financial markets.

Best of luck and good health to all for the forthcoming lockdown.

Membaa

I lost count of the number of times it was used before I logged onto online shopping to order my truck load of bog rolls.
    It was 2050 when little Johnny opened the last toilet roll from his grandparents hoarding during the covid pandemic.

Legend

How far things twitch could well come later when lock down extensions or their withdrawal
    / ease back occurs . Bound to be some sort of shockwave effect with tomorrow's opening IMO

Then again, the avalanche of Retail Investors will all be on deck at a loose end ready to play again ..

Payday Wednesday or Thursday may see a bit of a rebound ..
    Last edited by nztx; 17-08-2021 at 08:05 PM.