sharetrader
Page 149 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 49991391451461471481491501511521531591992496491149 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 17397
    Advanced Member

To which the Aussies would be singing..

How I love ya how I love ya Dear old Swannie. !..

Exports of Tui would go through the roof..

老外

The S&P announcement amused me.

"NZ organisations that give house loans will be in the ****e if housing collapses! Therefore all the banks/lenders least exposed to housing are warned!"

Huh?

Their excuse of course was that the big four in NZ are Aussie owned and have heaps more backing so will be able to weather the storm. Of course, if the over inflated Aussie market pops at the same time they would be in the ****e big time having way too much on their loan books with a lot less equity cover. They didn't seem to notice that half the financial institutions they stated don't really do much home lending...

percy

May pay S&P to read ANZ bank chief economist Cameron Bagrie"s article on www.stuff.co.nz headed "NZ heading for 'rock star' status."
    Did enjoy ;"NZ had stolen a "three year march" on Australia.'
    Great stuff on stuff.
    Last edited by percy; 18-05-2013 at 09:29 AM.

Percy, Good to see that you are now getting out of bed at a reasonable time. Mind you, anything before ten am is still too early.
    The Heartland problem will take at least a week to settle down. Maybe longer. The S & P comment must do quite a bit of damage. What about 60cents? Are we running a book on it? Of course we are, with our shares. There are great opportunities available to lose, or make, cash.
    Should we sell? Or buy?
    All opinions welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    May pay S&P to read ANZ bank chief economist Cameron Bagrie"s article on www.stuff.co.nz headed "NZ heading for 'rock star' status."
    Did enjoy ;"NZ had stolen a "three year march" on Australia.'
    Great stuff on stuff.
    S&P - the same clowns who gave AA to Credit Sails and all those CDOs etc.

In truth, they should be called Stupid and Posers.

I am surprised anyone still pay any attention to this bunch of full time *ankers.
    Last edited by Balance; 18-05-2013 at 10:38 AM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by mouse View Post
    Percy, Good to see that you are now getting out of bed at a reasonable time. Mind you, anything before ten am is still too early.
    The Heartland problem will take at least a week to settle down. Maybe longer. The S & P comment must do quite a bit of damage. What about 60cents? Are we running a book on it? Of course we are, with our shares. There are great opportunities available to lose, or make, cash.
    Should we sell? Or buy?
    All opinions welcome.
    Yes getting out of bed a lot later.My cat,who got me out of bed at 5am to 6am for his breakfast had to be put down earlier this week.
    I have been a 'fanatic' on Heartland for some time now.
    The recent Macquarie presentation confirmed everything I and Sparky The Clown had posted.
    The S&P carry on yesterday is now being seen for what it was,ie a lot of noise.
    Heartland's response, and the Cameron Bargie article, will provide those who bother to read them, comfort that all that S&P noise is only noise.
    In fact I would be so bold to say that Heartland will come out of it better understood by analysts,and sharetrader members who follow it.
    SP.I don't know.I was happy to buy at 78cents yesterday.

The fundamentals remain the same. i note there wasn't a mention of who the other "banks" were,would like to know whom else was on the list. Percy if Heartland was a band,you would be in the mosh pit at their concert.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by kizame View Post
    The fundamentals remain the same. i note there wasn't a mention of who the other "banks" were,would like to know whom else was on the list.
    TSB was on the list as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    I am surprised anyone still pay any attention to this bunch of full time *ankers.
    Unfortunately some funds investment mandates require them to follow S&P

percy

Quote Originally Posted by kizame View Post
    The fundamentals remain the same. i note there wasn't a mention of who the other "banks" were,would like to know whom else was on the list. Percy if Heartland was a band,you would be in the mosh pit at their concert.
    Kizame;I actually think the fundamentals are a lot stronger than we thought.

Had to look up google to see what a mosh pit was>!!! Yes,you are right.
    The list is;Co-Op Bank,Heartland Bank,TSB Bank,Credit Union Bayside,Credit Union South,First Credit Union,NZ Assc of Credit Unions,and Police and Families CreditUnion.
    Last edited by percy; 18-05-2013 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Kizame;I actually think the fundamentals are a lot stronger than we thought.

Had to look up google to see what a mosh pit was>!!! Yes,you are right.
    The list is;Co-Op Bank,Heartland Bank,TSB Bank,Credit Union Bayside,Credit Union South,First Credit Union,NZ Assc of Credit Unions,and Police and Families CreditUnion.
    Thanks Percy. I would have thought these would have been the more conservative of the financial institutions.