sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Is that an all time high ?
    Disc : More than 8.5% of portfolio. (Loving it )
    Equals the very recent all time high it traded at cum the 7 cent divvy. Now trades ex divvy, (so "sort of" another new all time high in adjusted terms, $2.44). Like you mate, I'm a very happy holder. Outperformance of this one has lead to it being 11% of my portfolio and makes me Reallycontentedbeagle.jpg

Very well fed and contented.
    Last edited by Beagle; 17-09-2021 at 06:52 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Jeff always says Heartland’s fortunes are dependent on general economic activity and employment numbers

Record high GDP and pretty low unemployment at the moment …good for Heartland

Thanks Grant Robertson for a masterful display in guiding NZ economy through the covid crisis
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Jeff always says Heartland’s fortunes are dependent on general economic activity and employment numbers

Record high GDP and pretty low unemployment at the moment …good for Heartland

Thanks Grant Robertson for a masterful display in guiding NZ economy through the covid crisis
    Agree.
    HGH in good shape,
    NZ in good shape.
    "We don't know how lucky we are."

ps.A few years ago I paid about $230 for a shingles jab.Then about 3 years ago I had the Govt free one.
    Just wonder the cost of these Covid jabs.?....$300 or $400 per jab.?
    If I had to pay I would have.
    Last edited by percy; 17-09-2021 at 07:05 PM.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...ost-14-billion

"On those numbers, the cost of the entire vaccine roll-out will be about $273 per New Zealander, on latest Stats NZ population estimates."

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...ost-14-billion

"On those numbers, the cost of the entire vaccine roll-out will be about $273 per New Zealander, on latest Stats NZ population estimates."
    Thank you for your post.
    Less per person than I expected.

And if the vaccine costs say 20 a pop then there is an awful lot of overhead

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Teatree View Post
    There would be storage, distribution & medical personnel costs for a start.

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Teatree View Post
    I have cross posted this discussion to the Coronavirus thread where it belongs.

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

NZ banks made zillions in June quarter

Here’s KPMG report - see how the minnow Heartland performs relative to others

Is only Heartland Bank in NZ …not Heartland Group

https://assets.kpmg/content/dam/kpmg...-quarterly.pdf
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    NZ banks made zillions in June quarter

Here’s KPMG report - see how the minnow Heartland performs relative to others

Is only Heartland Bank in NZ …not Heartland Group

https://assets.kpmg/content/dam/kpmg...-quarterly.pdf
    1/ Increase in interest margin of 30 basis points over the year (Table 1) exceeds all (except SBS, but we all know they are really a building society so not really deserving of the bank monicker).
    2/ Increase in gross loans over the June quarter up 3.11%, right at the top (Table 2). But on an annual 12 month rolling period basis loan growth is near the bottom of the pack. Maybe Heartland more affected by competition from government loans than the others?
    3/ Impaired asset expense down 94 basis points for the year = way ahead of the competition. But on a June quarter basis Heartland the only bank to show impaired asset expenses increasing? (Table 4)

Good to see Heartland in that elite top nine list of 'Major Banks'. But when you look at the ensuing graphs Heartland drop out of the major bank picture. So is there some doubt that Heartland is really a 'major bank'? We better keep it quiet that Heartland have outsourced the banking side of their business to Westpac. Still KPMG believes they are a bank so that is all that matters. Long may the marketing con continue. Geoff, still the man!

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 23-09-2021 at 09:21 AM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7