sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    It would be nice to think we'll be able to attend in person and partake of some kai (food) together but I suspect that Covid will have a long teyel. (tail)
    Certain ethnicities mainly in South Auckland are not doing enough hard mahi (work) and sticking to their mirumiru's. (bubbles).

Apparently if you listen to all the politically correct do-gooders, saying the same thing twice in different languages is very much on trend.
    45 new cases today.
    Last edited by Playa; 29-09-2021 at 03:44 PM.

Guru

Edited - Off topic
    Last edited by Bjauck; 29-09-2021 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Playa View Post
    45 new cases today. A wall (pakitara) built around South Auckland, and let them have there own bubble somehow looks the answer
    Playa - take your b****** to an off market discussion thread so those of us supporting this great business don't have to put up with this off topic nonsense. And please watch the video link from previous posters. It is so well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Playa View Post
    45 new cases today.
    And before we get into more South Auckland bashing, it makes sense to look at the spread of COVID in the three major affected Australasian cities:
    Melbourne - first recently detected in St Kilda first, moved quickly to the poor areas in the North and Northwest of the city
    Sydney - first detected in the Eastern Suburbs, moved quickly to Liverpool, Canterbury, and Mr Druitt in the South West
    Auckland - first detected in Devonport, moved to Grey Lynn, then quickly into South Auckland.

There are a few confounding factors here. Firstly, those in the lower paid service and labouring industries tend to take the virus from a wealthy suburb (where they work) to one less wealthy (where they live). Secondly, it spreads best in damp houses with overcrowding.

I don't know where you guys all live, but I suspect a lockdown is a lot harder in Mangere or Otahuhu than it is in Parnell or the Eastern Suburbs.

I think we need to encourage and support, not vilify, South Auckland here. Or to put it another way - this outbreak is taking longer to settle because of inequality.

That has a lot to do with HGH. Really go start a Covid Thread.

Good to see some upwards action today

Quote Originally Posted by Old mate View Post
    Are you talking HGH share price or covid 19 figures?

Quote Originally Posted by Old mate View Post
    Yes I thought today's share price increase was surprisingly good considering the lead-in we got from the overseas markets.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by waikare View Post
    Are you talking HGH share price or covid 19 figures?
    See thread title

Quick update on comparison group FY22 metrics and expected average growth rate looking ahead and some comments.

NAB 15.0 3% average expected growth rate
    WBC 15.8 (I need to look into the growth rate some more with this one)
    ANZ 12.9 5% average expected growth
    CBA 18.2 3% average expected growth (This one is consistently the most expensive on forward metrics)
    BOQ 15.0 3.5% average expected growth
    BEN 12.9 -3% average expected earnings contraction, (sizeable discount to NTA, price to book, could be a few issues with this one)
    HGH 14.4 6% average expected earnings growth.

On those metrics ANZ and HGH look like the best value to me and I am happy to hold HGH for the fully imputed dividends that none of the other banks provide, (only very partial imputation credits, at best, with Australian banks)

Comment - I think HGH will need to use its Covid provision this year, Auckland business's are doing it very tough.

Rating Hold. Disc Holding a decent sized stake but have reduced it somewhat.

Work in progress...I need to look into WBC's future growth rate some more.
    Last edited by Beagle; 12-10-2021 at 01:50 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine