sharetrader
Page 15 of 1739 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925651155151015 ... LastLast

I think I would back the insiders. U2Balance?
    No reply percy

He's making an observation percy, not a commitment......

Everything they have said they would do,they have done
    with the key exception of adding to shareholder wealth as promised - this has gone one way all year, as has PGC, as has PGGW

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    No reply percy

He's making an observation percy, not a commitment......

with the key exception of adding to shareholder wealth as promised - this has gone one way all year, as has PGC, as has PGGW
    Yes, with the key exception of adding to shareholder wealth. One would have thought that it would have followed.It has not.My experience of life/business is if you build good foundations you will have a good chance of success.HNZ have built solid foundations, so I would expect them to keep their promise of adding shareholder wealth.I remember reading Sir James Goldsmiths book Billionaire.He owned a business called Caversham Foods which took a number of years to produce good profits.He said he knew it would work because he had put in such good people to run it.HNZ have ticked all the boxes on the right path to success.
    Looks as though we are "well positioned."
    PS no surprises from Balance.!"

Percy well put. I agree. I know of one v lge holder in HNZ who has confidence as well . " the second tier finance
    Sector has and is continuing to go through major reform for good reasons, but underlying there is a business.
    It will take time and effort to rebuild under the new environment, price is only a match of willingly buyer and seller at the time, but that does not necessarily collate to the value proposition".

His words not mine!

There are some insiders one would back, eyes closed.

HNZ has an insider who is a severe liability - when he is ousted as a shareholder, that's the time to really load up.

Meanwhile, let the elephants fight.

Agree with your observation Balance, however, in my view there are two insiders that need to be cleared. One is a very recent and reluctant holder, who realised he had made an error of judgement even before the ink had dried. That parcel is an overhang to be cleared by distribution.

As for the second insider, well enough has been said already.........

Agree with your observation Balance, however, in my view there are two insiders that need to be cleared. One is a very recent and reluctant holder, who realised he had made an error of judgement even before the ink had dried. That parcel is an overhang to be cleared by distribution.

As for the second insider, well enough has been said already.........
    They always think they are smarter than everyone else.

But there are even smarter ones than them!

Old money vs new money, experience vs cunningness, contacts vs acquaintances.

Bit like Terry Sereposis vs Bob Jones!
    Last edited by Balance; 07-10-2011 at 09:49 AM.

SCF is not around any more to make some of the ridiculous loans that some of the South Islanders have been able to obtain to indulge in rampant property speculations.

A few are getting caught big time.

Will they survive?

Share Collector

Rabodirect are paying 4% for new call money, for a limited time only, so they heeded your call Winner
    Hey, and now they are on Credit-watch negative with Fitch - only €690m of exposure to PIIGS bonds against €42bn of equity last time I looked, but maybe 1 st mortgages in Europe aren't so safe either any more.

Chalkie points out in the papers this morning that if the Baker St/ Kerr takeover of PGC goes ahead Kerr will contol 13-14% of Heartland .... maybe that is why PGC borrowed to get their new shares in the latest cap raising

Heck what a thought - Kerr having such a large say in HNZ

Today's close of 48 a new low since going alone

Even this must be a bit of a worry for the believers .... wonder how far it can actually drift down to