sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Interesting move and timing. I think the real estate market has a pretty good chance of going backwards a bit over the next couple of years.
    but the LVR rates for RM's are so conservative... heaps of room for that and still no worries.
    Not that many people live to 100 even with our advancing care standards.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

percy

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    but the LVR rates for RM's are so conservative... heaps of room for that and still no worries.
    Not that many people live to 100 even with our advancing care standards.
    It is the same as any lender lowering their security,a trade off between extra revenue to extra losses.
    HGH having 17 years of data I can not see a big blow out in impairements.

Dilettante

Pretty impressive that there is a 70% increase in the 4 months to 31 Oct compared to pcp :

"At Heartland Bank, the rise has been even more marked.

“In the four months ended October 31, we have had a 70% increase in new business compared with the same time last year,” Ford said.

“So we have seen a big increase in the number of older people wanting to access some equity in their home so they can live a more comfortable retirement.” "
    Last edited by iceman; 22-11-2021 at 06:06 PM.

Yeah I thought that 70% increase was very encouraging.

I agree Percy, they have a track record of being very conservative with lending in this area.
    I would think if a super fit 90 year old wanted to borrow 50% on some $15m Herne Bay Mansion they'd probably give them a polite talking too rather than approve the loan. You and I would be lucky to make it to 90 and most certainly won't be borrowing if we do
    Have you bought that new car yet ?, you can't take it with you
    Last edited by Beagle; 22-11-2021 at 03:40 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Yeah I thought that 70% increase was very encouraging.

I agree Percy, they have a track record of being very conservative with lending in this area.
    I would think if a super fit 90 year old wanted to borrow 50% on some $15m Herne Bay Mansion they'd probably give them a polite talking too rather than approve the loan. You and I would be lucky to make it to 90 and most certainly won't be borrowing if we do
    Have you bought that new car yet ?, you can't take it with you
    Not not yet...Will wait 26 months until I pass the 75 year old's driving test.
    I wonder what HGH's and PAZ's share prices will be then,and if SFF's divie will be enough for a hybrid Suzuki Swift..?
    Crikey 4.1 litres per 100 km..Incredible.
    A lot to look forward to.
    Last edited by percy; 22-11-2021 at 04:07 PM.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I wonder what HGH's and PAZ's share prices will be then,and if SFF's divie will be enough for a hybrid Suzuki Swift..?
    I wouldn’t be surprised your Suzuki enthusiasm may rub off on Beagle. Probably see both of you driving Suzukis at next HGH ASM 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    No worries Percy. Only eye test and medical report for 75
    SCOTTY

percy

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I wouldn’t be surprised your Suzuki enthusiasm may rub off on Beagle. Probably see both of you driving Suzukis at next HGH ASM 😂😂
    Hollands the Christchurch Suzuki dealership,is only 2.7km from home.4 or 5 minutes away.
    5 years "free" motoring,tyres ,servicing etc.
    The 2 tone hot rod looks the part....Looks so fast I will most probably get a speeding ticket while parked...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I wouldn’t be surprised your Suzuki enthusiasm may rub off on Beagle. Probably see both of you driving Suzukis at next HGH ASM ����
    I think you know the dog is considering a very different hybrid at the other end of the scale than a Suzuki

I can't see the point of accumulating wealth if you don't enjoy some of it along the way.

Go on Percy, get something decent to drive while you still can https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ijt1QUopK5c
    Spend some of your millions and stop being a Scrooge You do realise you can't take it with you when you go ?
    There's an old saying, if you don't travel first class, your kids will
    Last edited by Beagle; 22-11-2021 at 09:20 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

I think you know the dog is considering a very different hybrid at the other end of the scale than a Suzuki

I can't see the point of accumulating wealth if you don't enjoy some of it along the way.

Go on Percy, get something decent to drive while you still can https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ijt1QUopK5c
    Spend some of your millions and stop being a Scrooge You do realise you can't take it with you when you go ?
    There's an old saying, if you don't travel first class, your kids will
    Think the Merc is an ugly looking car.
    Not for me...
    The way the Nissan is running it will most probably out last me....lol.