sharetrader

https://www.marketscreener.com/quote...44/financials/

Average forecast is 12 cps in dividends next year fully imputed gives 7.2% gross yield rising to 13 cps in FY23 giving 7.8% gross.

About fair value now in my opinion. Holding for yield and dividend growth in the years ahead.
    Last edited by Beagle; 23-12-2021 at 08:27 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Bugger ….Heartland seems to be the most popular stock in Brokers Tips for 2022 …like Hesrtland the ‘hottest’ of the ‘hot stocks to watch’

Often not a good sign

One thing though it’ll help the shareprice over the next two to three weeks and the mum and dad punters do their annual review and start buying the popular stocks.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...5S2BSK4ZUXZME/
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

This was one of my larger positions back in the day that it was spun out of PGC. I think from memory at $.88. Since then it has increased eps I think every year. Have sold down over the years but still have a good holding. A shame it missed out on UDC but anyway has done well growing the business organically. Still plenty of growth in reverse mortgage side. Also I like the large insider ownership with the CEO and several of the board including Tomlinson having a large stake. For me it’s one of those shares that you put in the bottom draw.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Bugger ….Heartland seems to be the most popular stock in Brokers Tips for 2022 …like Hesrtland the ‘hottest’ of the ‘hot stocks to watch’

Often not a good sign

One thing though it’ll help the shareprice over the next two to three weeks and the mum and dad punters do their annual review and start buying the popular stocks.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...5S2BSK4ZUXZME/
    Bounce to $2.50 in January ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Bounce to $2.50 in January ?
    I’ve noticed over the years that these broker picks (esp the more popular ones) do seem to have a fair bit of buying support over the break ….I’ve assumed mums and dads buying while the big buys are on holiday

So more than $2.50 in a couple weeks quite possible ….no, I mean probably quite high

What was the old ticker code these traded under mate ?

Quote Originally Posted by beagle View Post
    what was the old ticker code these traded under mate ?
    hbl ………….…
    Last edited by winner69; 26-12-2021 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    hbl ………….…
    Thanks. Doesn't show up in the history on direct broking when you go into one's portfolio and tick all. I'll never know how much I've made out of the group now as I was relying on Direct's digital track record but its fair to say it's a "hearty" amount

I think it will show decent share price gains over the years ahead with fabulous growth in their reverse home equity lending. Gross yields as noted in an earlier recent post are very good so its a good solid hold going forward despite not being especially cheap on a relative basis with its peer group anymore.

I used to use findata until that stoped , now use yahoo free watchlist. It’s like most of them though that if there is a name change you have to transfer holding to new ticker code. It did not allow you to track dividends which I’m fine with as I only measure capital changes.

What's the chances we see a 3 at the front of the price on this?

I'd say pretty high based on their impressive ability to execute. Happy to pick this up at the $1 mark way back during the covid dip.