sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Jeff is the man with Midas touch
    ....hope he doesn't end up like Midas (at least according to Aristotle)
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    ....hope he doesn't end up like Midas (at least according to Aristotle)
    At present market is not very impressed like all here ...maybe its fairly valued at current SP ...real mover will be full year results with next year guidance ...maybe thats when market will update SP as per new guidance like last year .

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    2019 Divi 3.5c/share
    2020 Divi 4.5c/share
    2021 Divi 4.0c/share
    2022 Divi 5.5c/share

A 57% increase in the interim divi over 3 years. It certainly helps compensate for income drops elsewhere!

It is good to see that the net interest margin was up by 3bps.

They trumpeted the Canstar savings bank award.

Happy holder.
    The increase in NIM was excellent considering the changed balance of revenue.ie Higher mortgages and less business loans.

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    At present market is not very impressed like all here ...maybe its fairly valued at current SP ...real mover will be full year results with next year guidance ...maybe thats when market will update SP as per new guidance like last year .
    eps at mid point of guidance is 16.0 cps so its on a forward PE of 15.0 It is, as you suggest about fair value here and a great long term hold for steady growth in eps and dividends. Boring is good
    Last edited by Beagle; 22-02-2022 at 01:01 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Dilettante

I'm a little underwhelmed with this result. Steady increases in NIM, ROE and NPAT and a great increase in dividends. But I was expecting a bit more I must admit. Thankfully my next biggest holding after HGH (3rd & 4th biggest) came out with a great result. Thanks PGW and HGH.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    eps at mid point of guidance is 16.0 cps so its on a forward PE of 15.0 It is, as you suggest about fair value here and a great long term hold for steady growth in eps and dividends. Boring is good
    PE of 15 is above average for Heartland .... so slowly but surely getting re-rated.

How does PE look v your peer group

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    PE of 15 is above average for Heartland .... so slowly but surely getting re-rated.

How does PE look v your peer group
    FY22 forward PE's for peer group

BEN 11.9
    BOQ 13.2
    ANZ 13.7
    NAB 16.0
    WBC 17.3
    CBA 17.4
    Average 14.9

All taken off market screener and is the average of all analysts forecasts.

My view is that HGH confers some key advantages not the least of which is the full imputation credits attached to dividends.
    The strong growth in reverse mortgages is very pleasing and the total addressable market is huge. Low risk and very good margin lending that's growing very strongly holds a lot of promise for growth going forward.

Any investor looking for strong and growing fully imputed dividend income in the years ahead, would struggle to find a more ideal company.

There is no logical reason HGH should trade at a discount to its peers, something I have been saying for many years.

P.S. Good to see the high risk unsecured lending through Harmoney falling away. Long may that trend continue !
    Last edited by Beagle; 22-02-2022 at 02:52 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Dilettante

Thanks Beagle. HGH sits comfortably in the middle where I think it should be. I think we are fairly priced at the moment and have no intention to either buy or sell.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    FY22 forward PE's for peer group

BEN 11.9
    BOQ 13.2
    ANZ 13.7
    NAB 16.0
    WBC 17.3
    CBA 17.4
    Average 14.9

All taken off market screener and is the average of all analysts forecasts.

My view is that HGH confers some key advantages not the least of which is the full imputation credits attached to dividends.
    The strong growth in reverse mortgages is very pleasing and the total addressable market is huge. Low risk and very good margin lending that's growing very strongly holds a lot of promise for growth going forward.

Any investor looking for strong and growing fully imputed dividend income in the years ahead, would struggle to find a more ideal company.

There is no logical reason HGH should trade at a discount to its peers, something I have been saying for many years.

P.S. Good to see the high risk unsecured lending through Harmoney falling away. Long may that trend continue !
    I agree with you.
    A lot to like with HGH.
    I also think directors and management having such large holdings,makes them fully focused on shareholders' interests.
    Can't comment on HMY as I do not follow them
    Last edited by percy; 22-02-2022 at 03:22 PM.

Suppose 8.8% increase in NPAT (normalised) v pcp and 7.7% increase in EPS (normalised) is pretty reasonable .... not double digit though

Book Value up 4.4% from a year ago and 1.6% from June 21

Too much paid out in divies