sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by newbieinvestor View Post
    Hi Beagle,

I made a small buy of HGH today, and was reading up about the DRIP given the record date is on 2nd March. I am guessing since you are already an existing shareholder you have the DRIP in place.
    Given I am a newbie with sharesies and trying to open an Linked account to enable DRIP using but dont quite know the Sharesies CSN or FIN...
    What would be your suggestion - perhaps I should do it next time via fill up the physical form?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    If you bought your shares through Sharesies and they are held via Sharesies then they/you can not take part in the DRiP and you will get the cash.

You can arrange to transfer shares out of Sharesies into your own name (for a fee I believe). Afer that you could sign them up for the DRiP
    Or just take the cash dividend via Sharesies and invest it back into HGH ex div...probably isn't going to be a lot in it and you may even be lucky enough to score them cheaper.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclical View Post
    Or just take the cash dividend via Sharesies and invest it back into HGH ex div...probably isn't going to be a lot in it and you may even be lucky enough to score them cheaper.
    Could be an expensive way of doing it if people are talking about fairly modest number of shares. DRP much better without fees payable.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I couldn't resist putting a paw up for a small top up in the low 220's. I really like the forecast FY23 yield at that price.
    Same, got quite a surprise when my 223c order was partially filled on Friday.
    About 10% of portfolio now. Bit high, couldn’t resist.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Could be an expensive way of doing it if people are talking about fairly modest number of shares. DRP much better without fees payable.
    I think he is talking about sharesies investors. Their fees are from memory .5% on small orders (less on large orders) - quite neglectable in the play of things. Buy shares for $10 and pay 5 cents fees. That's affordable.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    I think he is talking about sharesies investors. Their fees are from memory .5% on small orders (less on large orders) - quite neglectable in the play of things. Buy shares for $10 and pay 5 cents fees. That's affordable.
    That's correct.

Investments

Today is last day of Cum Dividend I think ...so for 5.5 cents it can go to $ 2.35 maybe ....

eartland do well out of the old people ....so I hope Jeff is on the ball and will make it easy for oldies to do everyday banking ...after all as the article says we'll all be idiots one day ...and Heartland could be showing strategic foresight

‘I’m old, not an idiot’: the elderly are ill-served online

https://www.ft.com/content/cdf03d65-...4-cae176cda2fb

Hopefully you'l be able to read

And you youngsters can laugh your heads off if you so desire
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    eartland do well out of the old people ....so I hope Jeff is on the ball and will make it easy for oldies to do everyday banking ...after all as the article says we'll all be idiots one day ...and Heartland could be showing strategic foresight

‘I’m old, not an idiot’: the elderly are ill-served online

https://www.ft.com/content/cdf03d65-...4-cae176cda2fb

Hopefully you'l be able to read

And you youngsters can laugh your heads off if you so desire
    Their banking software is still **** isn't it?

It is certainly the worst of the 4 banks I deal with. It does the job, but not user friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by clearasmud View Post
    Their banking software is still **** isn't it?
    I give a wry smile when I end up having to talk to a real person when Jeff harps on about making everything digital and not having the need for lots of people.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”