sharetrader
Page 154 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 541041441501511521531541551561571581642042546541154 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 17397

Just received a letter in the post from Heartland Bank, an exclusive offer for shareholders for term deposits.
    5 months 4.50% and 15 months 4.75%.
    Unfortunately I have just pumped the remainder of my cash into Chorus (long term outlook) so can't help out but if any of you shareholders have any cash you are looking for a home why not put it somewhere we can all benefit. :-)

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Thumbs down One calculator session later

Quote Originally Posted by hilskin View Post
    Just received a letter in the post from Heartland Bank, an exclusive offer for shareholders for term deposits.
    5 months 4.50% and 15 months 4.75%.
    Unfortunately I have just pumped the remainder of my cash into Chorus (long term outlook) so can't help out but if any of you shareholders have any cash you are looking for a home why not put it somewhere we can all benefit. :-)
    I will assume that the 4.75% is per annum which at a share price of $0.80 equates to a fully imputed dividend of 2.736c per annum.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    I will assume that the 4.75% is per annum which at a share price of $0.80 equates to a fully imputed dividend of 2.736c per annum.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Heartland needs to have long term deposits to balance the shorter term ones. We were discussing $100 million bonds maturing. We should, as shareholders, get an opportunity soon for say a five year bond. No idea of the interest rates they will offer.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mouse View Post
    Heartland needs to have long term deposits to balance the shorter term ones. We were discussing $100 million bonds maturing. We should, as shareholders, get an opportunity soon for say a five year bond. No idea of the interest rates they will offer.
    Neither do they at present mouse .. The times they are a' changing..

Warning of "low-ball' offers mailed to shareholders ... seems to be a pro-active warning rather than a response to a specific threat

"Heartland New Zealand Limited (HNZ) is aware that new unsolicited offers are being made to shareholders of listed companies to buy their shares for much less than market value. The Board of HNZ is concerned to ensure that you are not misled by these unsolicited “low ball” offers."

https://www.nzx.com/companies/HNZ/announcements/236659

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Baaarney View Post
    Warning of "low-ball' offers mailed to shareholders ... seems to be a pro-active warning rather than a response to a specific threat
    I assume they have received a request for their shareholder database which by law they have to provide.

Easy target since some people would have inherited these shares from a previous investment so not know much about them. Not an issue unless you are dumb enough to accept.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Announcement re non-core property assets due this week, credit to Percy!

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by K1W1G0LD View Post
    Announcement re non-core property assets due this week, credit to Percy!
    It would be nice if they have disposed of it on satisfactory terms. It would remove an issue from their balance sheet that many investors probably find negative. A successful disposal should put a line under the share price.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    I assume they have received a request for their shareholder database which by law they have to provide.

Easy target since some people would have inherited these shares from a previous investment so not know much about them. Not an issue unless you are dumb enough to accept.
    Was this the offer for a special term deposit that shareholders got the other day ....some lowball offer

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Was this the offer for a special term deposit that shareholders got the other day ....some lowball offer
    This appears to be a low ball share offer, albeit the statement does not explicitly state they are aware of low ball offers for HNZ ! This is what Heartland says today :

27 May 2013
    Dear Shareholder,
    WARNING – NEW “LOW BALL” OFFERS IN THE MARKET
    Heartland New Zealand Limited (HNZ) is aware that new unsolicited offers are being made to shareholders of
    listed companies to buy their shares for much less than market value. The Board of HNZ is concerned to ensure
    that you are not misled by these unsolicited “low ball” offers.