sharetrader
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by newbieinvestor View Post
    Got some at $2.08 but not sure..... might decline further if there is a correction...
    banks invariably get caught up in the negative sentiment when the economy looks like it will deteriorate. it's just one of those things...some investors start to fret 'what happens to the bank' if a recession (or the always on the horizon depression) occurs. I wouldn't be surprised at all if that continues to happen.

recession might happen and we start to get some increased incurred credit losses and increased provisions...but between now and then at least we have all that lazy regulatory capital (that has just been chilling out earning nothing) start to earn some actual interest income as rates rise. that'll be good, and probably be a few relief rallies after earnings announcements, before the drift sets back in again.

Happy holder - but not accumulating, yet.

Investments

HGH making people nervous ....Latest is Josh's latest video on YouTube ...in which he is saying negative things about HGH ...mainly for Harmoney hit of $ 7.5 mil as per him and HGH's direct correlation with economy ...Reverse mortgage is also a worry for him ...as house prices dropping and rates going up ..so he says negative for HGH ...He switched to bigger Aussy bank !!

Is HGH in trouble ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEi-OGW10R4
    Last edited by alokdhir; 04-06-2022 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    HGH making people nervous ....Latest is Josh's latest video on YouTube ...in which he is saying negative things about HGH ...mainly for Harmoney hit of $ 7.5 mil as per him and HGH's direct correlation with economy ...Reverse mortgage is also a worry for him ...as house prices dropping and rates going up ..so he says negative for HGH ...He switched to bigger Aussy bank !!

Is HGH in trouble ?

Jeff still got his covid overlay to release ….that’ll offset the temporary decline in Harmoney share price wh h no doubt will have to be adjusted in Heartlands accounts.

Yes Jeff says Heartlands fortunes tied to economic growth but also to employment levels and that’s still OK

And many say higher interest rates equals higher NIM and apparently that’s good.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

No restrictions on bank dividends now ….. that should help a bit

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post

Is HGH in trouble ?

Jeez besides selling Heartland he’s been selling Oceania as well

I like Josh’s videos but he has been wrong a bit lately haha. Gonna stick with HGH and OCA.

Legend

With interest rates charged increasing markedly in months ahead, the range shortens between
    what some companies are paying out (excluding tax credits)

At some point with higher mortgage interest rates, the equation has moved sufficiently where
    the best move is to give any mortgages & borrowings the shove first .. ahead of investing

Possibly an angle some haven't considered, but grossing up Interest costs to what pre-tax
    income level is needed to cover these could be a wake up call V looking at some higher Div Yielders
    coming ever the more closer if not been overtaken with RBNZ's recent / upcoming OCR footwork
    Last edited by nztx; 04-06-2022 at 09:03 PM.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatestben View Post
    I like Josh’s videos but he has been wrong a bit lately haha. Gonna stick with HGH and OCA.
    Buy high sell low. Josh has a bit to learn, it's little about the share market per se except for timing, but more about the company - whether you want it or not. Then comes the timing.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatestben View Post
    The video does start with "....for entertainment purposes only...."

Disc: Long-time and long-term and very happy holder. My No1 NZX stock.
    om mani peme hum

Happy holder also.Have been a shareholder since first listed when my CBS shares were converted over.Picked up a few more when Kerr sold down and have a 50% participation in the DRP.
    Along with my other mainstay share in CDI things seem to be going well .
    The above are my NO 1 &2 STOCK with the 3 thru to 10 not so good.