sharetrader
Page 156 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 561061461521531541551561571581591601662062566561156 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 17397
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    I think the last sentence of that paragraph suggests they are debating an early liquidation of those assets.

I was a bit harsh with my loan book decay observation....the decline was in those areas they want to decline, namely NCPA and house mortgages, so core business saw a small increase
    Too harsh by far>>>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Increasing where they want.
    Non-core property.A hit now would clear the air.Once we are past/clear of the non-core property assets I think we will see the SP react positively.

Well, I liked the result enough to buy some more today :-)
    SCOTTY

Wouldn't either course of action potentially impact the full year result ?
    yes, but to varying degrees. There is clearly a trade-off being assessed at the moment, between a bird in the hand (someone has made them an offer), and two in the bush (should we hold off and see if things improve)

now, now percy, don't exaggerate, core only grew by 53.7m, a growth rate of ~2.6%

Not saying thats a bad thing, just keeping it in perspective, and I agree with you, cleared decks will underpin the share price

percy

Quote Originally Posted by SCOTTY View Post
    Well, I liked the result enough to buy some more today :-)
    You are naughty,but I like you.!! lol.
    Positive action will be well rewarded.!

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    yes, but to varying degrees. There is clearly a trade-off being assessed at the moment, between a bird in the hand (someone has made them an offer), and two in the bush (should we hold off and see if things improve)

now, now percy, don't exaggerate, core only grew by 53.7m, a growth rate of ~2.6%

Not saying thats a bad thing, just keeping it in perspective, and I agree with you, cleared decks will underpin the share price
    Growth [modest] coupled will savings on operating costs and lower borrowing [marac bonds] costs will certainly help the bottom line.
    Last edited by percy; 28-05-2013 at 03:07 PM.

http://www.interest.co.nz/business/6...rvices-company

Lost biz for heartland the story says

Jeff not responding to the journos ....seems to be a habit of his

Wonder how much involved?

Didn't read it properly .....reads as if heartland lost 2 bits of biz .....Suzuki and Nissan

Maybe wasn't profitable for them ....but obviously UFC thought the Suzuki business was

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Didn't read it properly .....reads as if heartland lost 2 bits of biz .....Suzuki and Nissan

Maybe wasn't profitable for them ....but obviously UFC thought the Suzuki business was
    hopefully it will not be domino effect.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Part of Marac's core business.So will have an impact.Both Mazda and Suzuki would be sound important accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Part of Marac's core business.So will have an impact.Both Mazda and Suzuki would be sound important accounts.
    It could be that both vehicle companies wanted to lower their finance rates to buyers to give an incentive to purchase a new Mazda etc. Or even a used one! Plus there must be lots of cash sloshing around in Japan looking for a home. It will have an impact, but so will paying off the $100 million bond. They could end up neutral.
    Cash is to be made in financing the contractors equipment for the Christchurch re-build. Heartland could have more requests for cash than they can deal with. We are looking at a finance company that has been redecorated and converted to a Bank. (But is still a finance company!).