sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    So in your view he can help small investors grow their wealth ? Is it reasonable to assume he will only embark on wealth creating projects and not take unnecessary risks with shareholders money etc ...In nutshell will he be able to create shareholder wealth ahead ?? I am not looking for big returns ...just 15% including dividend ie 6% Divvy and 9% Capital growth consistently ahead ??

Just looking for your personal expert opinion as I am wondering if HGH is turning to be ATM type company
    Not sure I'd expect an ATM type drop, but some hype deflation might well be in the books. FPH or RYM could be examples for solid companies suffering hype deflation. Obviously - if the Australian adventure turns pear-shaped, than all bets are off.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

So in your view he can help small investors grow their wealth ? Is it reasonable to assume he will only embark on wealth creating projects and not take unnecessary risks with shareholders money etc ...In nutshell will he be able to create shareholder wealth ahead ?? I am not looking for big returns ...just 15% including dividend ie 6% Divvy and 9% Capital growth consistently ahead ??

Just looking for your personal expert opinion as I am wondering if HGH is turning to be ATM type company
    Over time you should be OK alokdhir.

No company can make small retail shareholders happy - most (even the likes of MFT and FPH) see them as a necessary evil.

Jeff's sent Chris Flood (his right hand man for years) over to Australia to get things moving. He'll manage that well.

Wouldn't guarantee you 15% annual return with Heartland though. You'll get your 7%/8% divie but capital gains over the years have been somewhat muted (because of high payout rate). The share price has a few spikes and a great return year year but often goes nowhere.

Typical is 5 year return from June 2017 when share price was 178 - 60 cents in divie and not much capital gain -overall return just over 4% pa

So to answer your question - Heartland will be OK .... no A2 here .... risk profile has increased a bit .... but your expectations of 15% pa returns might be a bit tough

jeez, if I used a 1% expected return in my FPH DCF model I would get FPH value at about $7
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Have received advice from Craigs we have received all the HGH placement shares we applied for.
    Thanks Craigs.
    They are not entitled to the current divie.
    Well done Percy. Wife has HGH in managed portfolio with Craigs and wasn't contacted!

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Over time you should be OK alokdhir.

No company can make small retail shareholders happy - most (even the likes of MFT and FPH) see them as a necessary evil.

Jeff's sent Chris Flood (his right hand man for years) over to Australia to get things moving. He'll manage that well.

Wouldn't guarantee you 15% annual return with Heartland though. You'll get your 7%/8% divie but capital gains over the years have been somewhat muted (because of high payout rate). The share price has a few spikes and a great return year year but often goes nowhere.

Typical is 5 year return from June 2017 when share price was 178 - 60 cents in divie and not much capital gain -overall return just over 4% pa

So to answer your question - Heartland will be OK .... no A2 here .... risk profile has increased a bit .... but your expectations of 15% pa returns might be a bit tough

jeez, if I used a 1% expected return in my FPH DCF model I would get FPH value at about $7
    Thanks for your candid response .

I am beginning to think I am better off in GNE then in HGH for yield part of the portfolio . Its more reliable and stable with no such ambitions at work also which can be at crossroads with small investors interests

I am already regretting I diversified my yield portfolio with HGH in it also and not just GNE . But advise which I received here was sound thats why I did as diversification is always useful

percy

Quote Originally Posted by herbert240 View Post
    Well done Percy. Wife has HGH in managed portfolio with Craigs and wasn't contacted!
    Neither was I.....
    I emailed them with what we wanted.The power of emails.?
    Pleased I applied for a good amount...lol.
    Now that HGH have a strong Aussie base ,with Reverse Equity Loans and Stock Co,I think Advance Bank will speed up their growth trajectory.
    An exciting rewarding future to be part of..

Jeff says welcome to the new shareholders - both significant institutional and retail investors

All going to plan says Jeff - some small retail investors might be pissed off but they just don't get the big picture. They can always sell there shares.

Jeff waiting for that doyen of business journalism Jenny to ring him for comment on such an unfair capital raise - got his response already

And Jeff back on the phone to RBNZ tohurry them up to allow him to Advance

Been a busy morning for Jeff but main thing is its all going to plan
    Can’t blame Jeff for building up HGH’s institutional shareholder base at the expense of small retail shareholders.

Realistically, the institutions are the ones who can pour the hundreds of millions or billions of dollars required to fund growth if he gets the strategy right.

So has he got the strategy right?

Is expansion into Australia really a good idea?
    Last edited by Balance; 24-08-2022 at 01:55 PM.

Thanks for your candid response .

I am beginning to think I am better off in GNE then in HGH for yield part of the portfolio . Its more reliable and stable with no such ambitions at work also which can be at crossroads with small investors interests

I am already regretting I diversified my yield portfolio with HGH in it also and not just GNE . But advise which I received here was sound thats why I did as diversification is always useful
    alokdhir, fyi last 5 years TSR returns from HGH have been as below. August years and TSR is change in share price plus gross dividend (not reinvested)

2018 -3%
    2019 -2%
    2020 -15%
    2021 99%
    2022 -10%

Hmm .... more down years than up years ...... and From August 17 returns has been 6.1% pa (gross dividends) ..... maybe I've been the mug punter
    Last edited by winner69; 24-08-2022 at 01:38 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

[QUOTE=percy;972156]Neither was I.....
    I emailed them with what we wanted.The power of emails.?
    Pleased I applied for a good amount...lol.
    Now that HGH have a strong Aussie base ,with Reverse Equity Loans and Stock Co,I think Advance Bank will speed up their growth trajectory.
    An exciting rewarding future to be part of..[/QUOT

I have done placements through Chris Lee before after being contacted and thought Craigs would operate the same way so we have learnt a very good lesson...thanks Percy.

Investments

alokdhir, fyi last 5 years TSR returns from HGH have been as below. August years and TSR is change in share price plus gross dividend (not reinvested)

2018 -3%
    2019 -2%
    2020 -15%
    2021 99%
    2022 -10%

Hmm .... more down years than up years ...... and From August 17 returns has been 6.1% pa (gross dividends) ..... maybe I've been the mug punter
    Doesn't look like a good investment TBH ...hardly any returns over 5 years time frame

I will pass on this when I get the chance ...wont be buying at 1.80 offer also ...Today sold some at open but now its price is in no mans land ...cant sell cant buy levels ...lol

Jarden client - not previous holder - applied for 12k and have had just over 4k allocated so roughly one-third of my application, with settlement by 29 August. No brokerage incurred, which is normal at least with Jarden on these occasions, and curiously the Contract Note says " CD " despite the placement shares supposedly not being eligible for the dividend. Will have to wait and see on that one but of course the shares trading on-market at the moment are on a CD basis going ex on Friday, so likely that is why.