sharetrader
    Guru

Yesterdays problem child...

So I could sell some at 187 today (I'd still get the dividend right ? ).....and apply for them back in the share offer.
    Profit of around 4% less commission. For filling some paper work in.
    Any one any ideas on why I wouldn't do this ? I many be confused re the dividend date ?

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Yesterdays problem child...

So I could sell some at 187 today (I'd still get the dividend right ? ).....and apply for them back in the share offer.
    Profit of around 4% less commission. For filling some paper work in.
    Any one any ideas on why I wouldn't do this ? I many be confused re the dividend date ?
    problem is you can't guarantee to buy back what you already sold from SPP, heavily scaling very possible.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Master98 View Post
    problem is you can't guarantee to buy back what you already sold from SPP, heavily scaling very possible.
    Yes...that is a risk. I might also get any I miss out on cheaper in the future on-market...less than 180.
    That is also possible. Who knows. And that's assuming I want to have the same sized holding in now have, not sure of that at the moment.

But if I sell today....do I still get the dividend on shares owned right now ? Thats what I need to be SURE on.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Master98 View Post
    Exactly right.
    However rather than selling any, I think the best approach is to apply for some in the SPP,depending on spare cash available,then hang on to the next full moon,before deciding whether to sell or not. Share price will most probably be over $2.10 by then.

percy

Yes...that is a risk. I might also get any I miss out on cheaper in the future on-market...less than 180.
    That is also possible. Who knows. And that's assuming I want to have the same sized holding in now have, not sure of that at the moment.

But if I sell today....do I still get the dividend on shares owned right now ? Thats what I need to be SURE on.
    Yes they are currently quoted XD on DB site.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Yes they are currently quoted XD on DB site.
    Thank you.

percy

Thank you.
    And this from NZX site.

Upcoming dividends
    Code Ex Dividend Period Amount Supp. Imputation Payable Currency
    HGH 25 Aug 2022 Final 5.500c 0.971c 2.139c 14 Sep 2022 NZD

Investments

Can u apply only worth $ 50K shares at 1.80 or U can apply for extra also via SPP ??

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    Can u apply only worth $ 50K shares at 1.80 or U can apply for extra also via SPP ??
    From the offer document:

On behalf of the Board, I am pleased to offer you the opportunity to participate in this SPP Offer. Under the SPP Offer, shareholders with an address recorded in Heartland’s share register that is in New Zealand or Australia each have the opportunity to apply for up to a maximum value of NZ$50,000 / A$45,000 of new ordinary shares in Heartland ...
    I think the offer document is pretty clear, isn't it? "up to a maximum" means exactly that.
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 25-08-2022 at 02:55 PM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    From the offer document:

I think the offer document is pretty clear, isn't it? "up to a maximum" means exactly that.
    But people via earlier placement got as much as they applied for ? Did they ? As thats what I understand from Percy's message ....