sharetrader
    Guru

Deleted..........
    Last edited by 777; 09-09-2022 at 08:04 AM.

Thanks JAK, yeah I couldn’t see how to change this via app or online banking…it should be easy for customers to do this. Will drop customer services a message to change. I just raised it as I got an interest note in post yesterday and I’ve always found it weird they post. I should of been proactive earlier but now tough times are ahead I’ll get onto it.

Guru

Go to" My Settings" and select "update personal details" and ensure they have your email address.

Wonder why KFL doesn’t invest in HGH. Nice growth stock..? Didn’t they have ANZ in the portfolio right after the COVID lows? So there has been a bank in there once, even if for a short period of time

They have my email. I guess my wider point as a shareholder of a digital bank is I’d expect the digital bank to set its default communications to customers to be digital. There should be an option for customers to receive hard copies but this should be a cost to customers of say $2 or whatever the actual cost is…maybe $5 is realistic. I can assure you that if the bank was charging for sending me statements I would have found a way to turn them off by now.
    Im a professional money shuffler and I use Westpac, rabobank, heartland and Jarden cash account and I find the heartland digital platform to be the worst. It’s getting better but it pretty fundamental issue when you can’t go on a digital banking app and update your communications preference in 2022

Guru

FF you nailed it "westpac wanted to ditch NZ"

Those capital reserves have to come from somewhere and the RBNZ reserve bank before 2020 zoned in on high bank dividends of AUS banks.

Bank stocks have been under pressure anyway since 2016.

They have become a trade except CBA.

If was obvious to hold ASX stocks as its a bigger growth market.

What could crash the party is what Sheldon commented on last night in that this is a supply side inflation fire and hicking rates when you dont have demand side inflation is sure to hit markets harder.

market might react to the hiking is a bad way but good for SP price discovery.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 09-09-2022 at 09:06 AM.

Surprised - I got the full amount in the SPP, no scaling at all. I applied direct to Link Market.

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by 850man View Post
    Surprised - I got the full amount in the SPP, no scaling at all. I applied direct to Link Market.
    All got as it was undersubscribed ...they actually had a shortfall ...

re: Heartland's back office ... with reference to Perky's 15909 / 912 / & 915 together with Just A Kiwi's 15910

Basically; it is a disaster.

The "self service" function within Internet Banking is not active. Yet, the App states that in order to change 'anything' one is to enter Internet Banking in order to do so.

It took me 5 weeks ( Secure Messages and direct e-mails ) to get some response. Each,(when it came), response came thru from a different person. No follow on ... ! And, no action.

Finally, I rang Newmarket and told them what it was that I wanted to do.
    Yes, was the response; but since I had two account numbers ( long time customer ); how about simplifying things. As a result, a new log-in I.D.; a new Password, together with a reduction in duplication.

Since I am resident on the 'rock' to the west; I am reliant on "smart' systems in order to keep the NZ aspects up to date. Heartland's back office has a long way to go to get any more than 3 stars.

Long time SH in HGH and HBL. [ didn't do the SPP - have enough at $1.20 ]

regards

Yottie

Agree Yottie. like I say Im happy with hgh shares performance but if they want to become a digital bank and enter Australia via their new initiative they need to get better quickly.

Heartland have great products but delivery and ease of use needs to improve. It can’t be that hard..there are lots of good digital banking experiences out there now.