sharetrader
Page 161 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 611111511571581591601611621631641651712112616611161 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 17397

We have to remember the rateing downgrade threatened by S&P. Be careful, but present share price is very good.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by majorbarejet View Post
    Winnie will love that.

No he will not !!.. It has ownership by those that will put their own money into it..

Not just those special people with cards and grey hair.. Others.. Even.. Dare I say it .. PR people and non PR people..

AWOL

hi ham varning hu - ven hit gets to vun tollar und vivty hi vil pe zellink hymn

Last edited by Minerbarejet; 05-06-2013 at 09:44 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mouse View Post
    We have to remember the rateing downgrade threatened by S&P. Be careful, but present share price is very good.
    Mouse.. The S&P notice was a warning.. The TSB and HNZ were mentioned in that warning..
    It had very little relevance to the TSB and HNZ workings..

So !!.. Grab that wonderful piece of Cheddar presented to you today.. And scurry back to your warm little nest..

The Gorganzola will come later.. .

AWOL

by that do you mean the trap will be sprung?

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Funny how quiet Snoopy has been.

He is still waiting for HNZ's banking license?

Sorry, Snoopy, just pulling your leg.

Thanks for engaging us all in the robust debate on HNZ - markets desperately need individuals like you with your robust analysis and healthy skepticism. Sincerely meant.
    Like I said before Balance, good luck to you investors who got in early. To my mind the most important information going forwards is the quality of the loan exposure and that will not be released until annual result time. If all goes well I will have missed out on a good capital gain here. But what I want to invest in is a boring bank. HNZ is not confirmed as boring enough for me yet!

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 05-06-2013 at 11:39 PM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    I think HNZs share price is dependent more on factors within its control like disposal of non core property, than external factors like S&P ratings that are seen as somewhat puzzling. Clearly the market seems to care more about what mgmt are doing.
    Agree totally with that STC. Management appears to be very focused and are achieving what they've set out to do. Gives great confidence for investors and much more important that misguided ratings that seem to have little relevance to HNZ

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Exclamation Each to is own

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Like I said before Balance, good luck to you investors who got in early. To my mind the most important information going forwards is the quality of the loan exposure and that will not be released until annual result time. If all goes well I will have missed out on a good capital gain here. But what I want to invest in is a boring bank. HNZ is not confirmed as boring enough for me yet!

SNOOPY
    I remain baffled by these statements of yours Snoopy.

In last years annual report and also this years half year report I consider that there is plenty of information on loan quality, impairments and write-offs and that one could draw an informed conclusion from that information.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    I remain baffled by these statements of yours Snoopy.

In last years annual report and also this years half year report I consider that there is plenty of information on loan quality, impairments and write-offs and that one could draw an informed conclusion from that information.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    The information I am after PT, is an update on that contained in HNZ annual report Note 32c

"32 Credit risk exposure (continued)
    (c) Maximum exposure to credit risk by internal risk grading"

This information is not presented in the half year report. Furthermore the nine categories of loan identified in 32c

Grade 1 - Very Strong, Grade 2 - Strong, Grade 3 - Sound , Grade 4 - Adequate, Grade 5 - Acceptable, Grade 6 - Monitor, Grade 7 - Substandard, Grade 8 - Doubtful, Grade 9 - At risk of loss

are not 'holding pens' for HNZ loans. Those loans can move between categories. I prefer to see where those loans have moved to when the FY2013 report comes out.

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 06-06-2013 at 04:38 PM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Lightbulb Tiger Portfolio News - Early June Edition

What with a little bit of buying here and with recent share price movements I find that HNZ is now my single biggest NZX holding at 21.73% having overtaken RYM at a mere 20.06%.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum