sharetrader
Page 162 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 621121521581591601611621631641651661722122626621162 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 17397

Default Heatland makes my brain hurt.

When I try to work out the interplay between PGW and Heartland over MARAC's property portfolio my brain starts to hurt.

This commentator does not seem to be impressed;

http://www.interest.co.nz/property/6...property-flesh

Boop boop de do

Marilyn

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    When I try to work out the interplay between PGW and Heartland over MARAC's property portfolio my brain starts to hurt.

Boop boop de do

Marilyn
    Everyone's brain started to hurt when they tried to work out the relationship between Heartland and PGC over the non-core property deal.
    This held back HNZ as people had concerns as to the true value of the properties,and the deal itself.
    The announcement cleared the air.The $24mil hit is a lot less than I thought it would be.HNZ's accounts and profits from now on will be cleaner and easier to understand.
    Also the end of the relationship with G.Kerr is seen as very positive.
    Shareholders and analysts are impressed.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    What with a little bit of buying here and with recent share price movements I find that HNZ is now my single biggest NZX holding at 21.73% having overtaken RYM at a mere 20.06%.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Would appear to me your NZX portfolio is "well positioned."
    Would expect your HNZ to move over the 25% very quickly.!!!!!

percy

Our holding [wife and mine] is now 15% of our total holdings.The recent purchase and the increase in SP has taken it from 12%,which I thought was enough in one company.
    As I am very comfortable with HNZ I will let it run.So I have no intention of buying or selling any shares.
    Am looking forward to our HNZ hitting 25% of our total holding by Xmas.Not sure whether it will be this Xmas or next year's? lol.
    Last edited by percy; 07-06-2013 at 08:08 AM.

Ok I am rather more aggressive in my aproach HNZ 48.93% DIL 43.97 SNK 7.11% and gives me the overall % returns I want.
    Lots will disagree.

AWOL

perhaps I might be permitted to point out that your HNZ going from 15 to 25 per cent excludes the other 85 percent from making any advances or could be achieved by losses in the other 85 per cent and HNZ going nowhere- however, having said that I agree with now being more comfortable with HNZ thanks to your inspired commentary on this thread.
    Merry Christmas - noel feeling
    Majorbarejet

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Everyone's brain started to hurt when they tried to work out the relationship between Heartland and PGC over the non-core property deal.
    This held back HNZ as people had concerns as to the true value of the properties,and the deal itself.
    The announcement cleared the air.The $24mil hit is a lot less than I thought it would be.HNZ's accounts and profits from now on will be cleaner and easier to understand.
    Also the end of the relationship with G.Kerr is seen as very positive.
    Shareholders and analysts are impressed.
    There is no doubt that G Kerr tried to stitch up HNZ with as many Georgie Porkie deals as possible.

I do believe however that the unwinding of RECL represents the final break between HNZ and that shyster.

What it costs HNZ is nothing compared to the credibility and benefits that HNZ obtains from the total severing of links with that plum-in-the-mouth loser.

But life can be a funny thing - Shyster Georgie sold out of HNZ at 52 cents last year. The word'Heartland' must strike at his heart everytime he sees it or reads it?

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Just pop some RAK into your portfolio, HNZ will take up 25% in no time!
    Agree. I have RAK in one of the five stocks that I picked in the contest. It is seriously pulling my ranking down. It is lucky though I don't own it in real.

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post

Marilyn
    The commentator seemed to have a rather churlish 'chip on his shoulder' approach. I can't really see what he is complaining about.
    HNZ clearly said earlier that if there was a change to how they handled non core assets, it may affect short term profits. There was, and it has l! can't see a problem with that.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by kizame View Post
    Ok I am rather more aggressive in my aproach HNZ 48.93% DIL 43.97 SNK 7.11% and gives me the overall % returns I want.
    Lots will disagree.
    Wow and I thought I was very aggressive on HNZ with 34% in HNZ and similar in DIL and RYM combined !

Agree with biker about the article on interest.co.nz. While it is a reasonably good summary, the result and decision by HNZ on how they are dealing with it, including the write downs, should not have come as a surprise to reasonably well informed investors/commentators