sharetrader
    Guru

"Duncan Greive argued that banks don’t need a social licence to operate. Ben Gracewood asks: what if they had one though? "
    "If I was the boss of a bank in New Zealand, I would simply deploy the very best banking API, eliminate marketing spend, reduce products to a few simple options, and then sit back and make all the money. The BenBank API would let anyone with permission make payments and transfers, create and update accounts, confirm receipts, download transactions, and the rest. It would also provide identity verification (in line with anti money laundering laws) and allow new account creation."
    https://thespinoff.co.nz/business/15...in-new-zealand

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    "Duncan Greive argued that banks don’t need a social licence to operate. Ben Gracewood asks: what if they had one though? "
    "If I was the boss of a bank in New Zealand, I would simply deploy the very best banking API, eliminate marketing spend, reduce products to a few simple options, and then sit back and make all the money. The BenBank API would let anyone with permission make payments and transfers, create and update accounts, confirm receipts, download transactions, and the rest. It would also provide identity verification (in line with anti money laundering laws) and allow new account creation."
    What a garbage article. Ben Gracewood must have been on acid when he dreamed up his BenBank fantasy

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    Whoever creates an app which joins all lawyers, banks, accountants and the like for this stupid AML legislation. They will make a killing. Instead of every place asks for proof that we are who we are and that we have lived in the house for the
    last 3 months. At some stage I had to prove where my money came from…… Ask the tax department lol

percy

Interesting seeing HGH close at $1.84.Up 7 cents or 4%.Seems a big jump.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Interesting seeing HGH close at $1.84.Up 7 cents or 4%.Seems a big jump.
    Dairy prices up last weeks auction
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Dairy prices up last weeks auction
    More likely expectations of big ocr rise tomorrow ……ie Heartlands NIM will go even higher
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

More likely expectations of big ocr rise tomorrow ……ie Heartlands NIM will go even higher
    Agree............................................. ....................................

Advanced Member

Going early Winner Wed 2 PM

the big dog Jeff Greenslade's shareholding is shrinking

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/403034

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    the big dog Jeff Greenslade's shareholding is shrinking

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/403034
    Really ?
    Off market transfer to Arabella Greenslade.