sharetrader
Page 1683 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 683118315831633167316791680168116821683168416851686168716931733 ... LastLast
Results 16,821 to 16,830 of 17397
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    wow.. im a bit shocked
    Yeah its no good.

Some aspects should be of no surprise, like stockco getting whacked around by El Nino in Australia. In the full year result I was pretty scathing of them using some of their economic overlay provision and not topping it up, which looks like has come home to roost (but in a different name now, a "post covid recovery" provision), but has written back higher than I would have expected. I also do not consider it appropriate to remove the movement in the provision from underlying earnings.

"Short term operational performance challenges" - pretty vague for a big number!

The messiness of the numbers and its presentation leaves a lot to be desired.

I didn't expect them to meet guidance for this year but likewise did not expect this announcement or result. To have issued guidance that high only to backtrack reasonably quickly doesn't sit particularly well with me.
    Last edited by Muse; 14-12-2023 at 10:23 AM.

Yep. Muse called this earlier on the stocko and Aussie drought

Just as well Comvita won this award eh…otherwise W69 be demanding a recount

Finalists in the 2degrees Best Growth Strategy section are

Heartland
    Comvita
    Scales Corp

sold my small holding at $1.80 but still planning to buy back again in next year. Just some headwinds for banks at present but fundamentally still a good share I think…still use them for some banking gave them some money the other day and they gave me 6.4%..soon I’ll buy the share and get the capital gain plus the divie …maybe reduced?
    Last edited by Perky; 14-12-2023 at 10:34 AM.

Definitely hit a pothole in the road.

Best to wait out FY24 and the completion of the Challenger acquisition.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldson View Post
    Definitely hit a pothole in the road.

Best to wait out FY24 and the completion of the Challenger acquisition.
    yes but I'm not thrilled to see Challengers estimated q4 contribution to the group result lol

Could head down to 1x book value per share? $1.45

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Perky View Post
    Yep. Muse called this earlier on the stocko and Aussie drought

Just as well Comvita won this award eh…otherwise W69 be demanding a recount

Finalists in the 2degrees Best Growth Strategy section are

Heartland
    Comvita
    Scales Corp

sold my small holding at $1.80 but still planning to buy back again in next year. Just some headwinds for banks at present but fundamentally still a good share I think…still use them for some banking gave them some money the other day and they gave me 6.4%..soon I’ll buy the share and get the capital gain plus the divie …maybe reduced?
    So the winner should have been Scales....lol.

Jeff’s halo losing its glow …the Midas touch gone etc etc

Just another banker

Oh well, he had a good run ….maybe time to move on before the the third downgrade is needed
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    So the winner should have been Scales....lol.
    Good one Percy.

The committee should have made no award…just say no one came up to standard this year.
    Thats what they do at the wine awards..no gold medals this year…only silvers…must try harder

A little disappointed your off your form today and didn’t suggest 2cc as the rightful winner of best growth category

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Perky View Post
    Good one Percy.

The committee should have made no award…just say no one came up to standard this year.
    Thats what they do at the wine awards..no gold medals this year…only silvers…must try harder

A little disappointed your off your form today and didn’t suggest 2cc as the rightful winner of best growth category
    Good one Perky...
    I have a large holding in Silver Fern Farms CoOp on Unlisted.The big worry is The Chairman, Rob Hewett won The Chairman's award.!!!!!..lol
    Thank goodness I sold a few HGH and recycled the funds into 2CC my portfolio big winner this year.
    I usually have one good idea a year...Had two this year with ATP in Oz also flying high.
    Last edited by percy; 14-12-2023 at 11:34 AM.

An original shareholder thru having shares in CBS and picked up a few more when the big sell off was on at 45c.I gotta say i am a happy holder and my grandkids sharesies accounts are dominated by HGH CDI and AFI.