sharetrader
Page 1686 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 686118615861636167616821683168416851686168716881689169016961736 ... LastLast
Results 16,851 to 16,860 of 17397

100dma just went below the 200day so the chart is looking weak coming into what many gurus think will be poor earnings updates and maybe even a cap raise or cancelled dividend

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    100dma just went below the 200day so the chart is looking weak
    Not sure what chart you're looking at but the 100DMA went below the 200DMA mid-June 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Not sure what chart you're looking at but the 100DMA went below the 200DMA mid-June 2022.
    Oh yes it did too. Sorry was looking on the yahoo app on my phone and it looks like it popped over the 200 briefly last month now back below. Only that point was showing on the screen lol

Membaa

Oh yes it did too. Sorry was looking on the yahoo app on my phone and it looks like it popped over the 200 briefly last month now back below. Only that point was showing on the screen lol
    Ok, no worries, but the 100 hasn't popped over the 200 at all since mid-June 2022, maybe on a phone it looked pretty close, but it didn't. The 50 almost did around Sept this year, but not quite. This has been in a severe TA downtrend since Dec 2021 and is looking like it wants new lows. Albeit three converging trend lines indicate support around $1.44, with f'all support below that until $1.30.

The falling knife, as they say.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Ok, no worries, but the 100 hasn't popped over the 200 at all since mid-June 2022, maybe on a phone it looked pretty close, but it didn't. The 50 almost did around Sept this year, but not quite. This has been in a severe TA downtrend since Dec 2021 and is looking like it wants new lows. Albeit three converging trend lines indicate support around $1.44, with f'all support below that until $1.30.

The falling knife, as they say.
    I assume this is parody taking the mic out of Bull?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Valuegrowth View Post
    Once this was a hot thread. I was thinking about buying some stocks of this NZ bank. Fortunately, I didn’t buy after reading 6 books on few value investors. I learnt one important thing from them. “Buy stocks when they are out of favour”. In the current environment I would like to buy hidden gems, strong balance sheet firms and future turnaround opportunities if they come under my criteria. I think HGH can have some kind of turnaround in 2026. I’m going to keep it under my radar.
    Bot, under your radar means you'd be keeping it invisible.

What you meant was ON your radar

Get reprogrammed.

Investments

At what point HGH will become value BUY ?? Thoughts please as it seems in a free fall ...very surprising for a Yield stock !!

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    At what point HGH will become value BUY ?? Thoughts please as it seems in a free fall ...very surprising for a Yield stock !!
    Its pretty cheap now based on a price/book ratio. Can trade up to 1.5x but now about 1x.

But talk about catching a falling knife.... Guru Muse reckons the div could be cut or a cap raise so i can't see any reason to rush in and buy if those bombshells drop.

I think ROE needs to stay double digits for 1x book value to be cheap... cant remember how it all works TBH

Investments

Its pretty cheap now based on a price/book ratio. Can trade up to 1.5x but now about 1x.

But talk about catching a falling knife.... Guru Muse reckons the div could be cut or a cap raise so i can't see any reason to rush in and buy if those bombshells drop.

I think ROE needs to stay double digits for 1x book value to be cheap... cant remember how it all works TBH
    Remember catching falling knife worked very well for MFT ...then can work for HGH also ...though not similar pedigree stock and business ...normally Banks do well when rates fall ...also its darkest before dawn ...maybe listen to Baa and start nibbling from $ 1.44 onwards till $ 1.30 he says ...may work out well eventually!!!

Was about $2.50 2 years ago

So a BARGAIN at current price …..BUY BUY BUY ………A BARGAIN ……CHEAP AS as they say
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”