sharetrader
Page 1687 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 687118715871637167716831684168516861687168816891690169116971737 ... LastLast
Results 16,861 to 16,870 of 17397
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Was about $2.50 2 years ago

So a BARGAIN at current price …..BUY BUY BUY ………A BARGAIN ……CHEAP AS as they say
    Mmmmm. I am sure you would be wonderful in the northern hemisphere stoking that fire lol. We all realise they have to capital raise, but how much do you anticipate they need to raise?

broke the big 1.51 support which bounced of a couple times recently .... timber
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    broke the big 1.51 support which bounced of a couple times recently .... timber
    Yes, sellers out in force now. Christmas close on good volume at $1.41 and falling!

If the Challenger acquisition is approved ( decision due Q1 calandar 2024 ) will that be positive or negative now for the share price?

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldson View Post
    Yes, sellers out in force now. Christmas close on good volume at $1.41 and falling!

If the Challenger acquisition is approved ( decision due Q1 calandar 2024 ) will that be positive or negative now for the share price?
    At least didn’t close in 130’s
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I think short term negative impact…especially if they cap raise for purchase or for banking regulation compliance. Pretty sure the smart operators have probably already trimmed holdings in anticipation of this being a high possibility

Long term the purchase could be positive. Like always comes down to execution and timing….currently just about all markets hland service have headwinds, but soon the weather will change, hland will round the top mark and hoist its spinnaker and surge down the course with good tailwinds.

Im not holding…last sold out at $1.80 but I would buy back in at some stage…I’m just not sure at what price do you get back in….I think everyone is probably thinking similar so that why share price drifting. I think I would buy again if it got to $1.30 or lower.

Hamilton Hilton Greene have picked it as a stock to watch for 2024…didn’t say if they be watching the share price going up or down though so they should be right.
    These stock picks would be much more interesting if they put their balls in the vice and picked the stock price end of 2024 and gave a couple of basic reasons they think it will perform.
    Last edited by Perky; 22-12-2023 at 02:16 PM.

Investments

When last time they did CR and I wrote here that they being too aggressive at wrong time ...also I thought Jeff was being too bold and in a hurry to prove a point ...but not many agreed and they still thought he will do well for a change in Aussy land etc etc ...Jeff says and deliver and what not ...now all are realising that he has chewed off bigger then he can bite ...al least at the moment and his ambition is not being nice to shareholders ...at least from last 2 years and for another plus on horizon ...but he still have some fans left ...not many . HGH will eventually digest whats in the process and it will work out fine ...and we small shareholders who were treated shabbily last time and was told as not needed also etc ...will again flock to HGH when the tide turns ... SP over 30DSMA and then 30DSMA over 60DSMA ...will be first signs ...till then watch the knife fall ...
    Last edited by alokdhir; 22-12-2023 at 02:04 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    I think ROE needs to stay double digits for 1x book value to be cheap... cant remember how it all works TBH
    No offence but you cannot be investing in equities if you're not taking the piss here. Not unless it's a index fund.

Book value is equity...

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by SailorRob View Post
    No offence but you cannot be investing in equities if you're not taking the piss here. Not unless it's a index fund.

Book value is equity...
    Go easy, he did say "cant remember how it all works TBH"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Go easy, he did say "cant remember how it all works TBH"
    Yeah but it shouldn't be a memory function, it should be a very good understanding of the basics.

Like I don't just remember hot air rises, I understand why. Remembering that it does isn't enough.

Yes I know it is buoyancy from cooler air falling but it still rises.

Banned

I not sure anyone is remotely interested but Equity and Book Value are the same thing. Assets less liabilities.

So your Return on Equity is your return on book value. If you pay one times book value then you are paying the exact price of the equity, $1 cash exchanged for $1 of equity.

Therefore if you have a 10% ROE and you pay 1 x book, you will get a 10% return in earnings on the $1 you exchanged for equity.

If you have a 10% ROE and you pay 05. x book then you'll get a 20% return and if you pay 2 x Book you'll get a 5% return.

This is in accounting terms, in real terms the equity value of a company will often far exceed book.