sharetrader
Page 1688 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 688118815881638167816841685168616871688168916901691169216981738 ... LastLast
Results 16,871 to 16,880 of 17397
    Banned

Also worth noting that nobody understands the assets of this bank well enough to be invested, including the CFO.

Unless you are absolutely sure of what those assets are worth both now and in the future under a wide range of very unlikely scenarios - don't touch it.

This is because a pretty small change in the value of the assets will completely wipe out all the equity and you will have a big fat Goose egg.

Oh dear Sailor on the rums again and grumping. Chill out bro it’s a happy time of year

The below formula to value HGH was what I was referring to. Sorry I haven’t committed it to memory like hot air rising lol

(ROE-G)/(R-G)xBV= MV

ROE= return on equity
    G= growth rate
    R= cost of equity
    BV= Book value
    MV= Market value

Anyways, I’m going out to breakfast with the family then we are going to see Santa. So won’t be around to see your grumpy condescending reply as to why it’s wrong lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    Oh dear Sailor on the rums again and grumping. Chill out bro it’s a happy time of year

The below formula to value HGH was what I was referring to. Sorry I haven’t committed it to memory like hot air rising lol

(ROE-G)/(R-G)xBV= MV

ROE= return on equity
    G= growth rate
    R= cost of equity
    BV= Book value
    MV= Market value

Anyways, I’m going out to breakfast with the family then we are going to see Santa. So won’t be around to see your grumpy condescending reply as to why it’s wrong lol
    Rawz me old mate …should have clarified (for Rob’s sake) that MV = Market Value = Number of Shares X Share Price (also known as Market Capitalisation)

But then if working on per share basis that doesn’t matter

Have a Merry Christmas ….what you asking Santa for?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Rawz me old mate …should have clarified (for Rob’s sake) that MV = Market Value = Number of Shares X Share Price (also known as Market Capitalisation)

But then if working on per share basis that doesn’t matter

Have a Merry Christmas ….what you asking Santa for?
    His wishes are simple like him ...simple and innocent and gentle ...

He wants 2CC = $2 ...TRA = $ 6 ....nothing more ...he is already above me in 2023 stock picking competition ...his wish coming true

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post

(ROE-G)/(R-G)xBV= MV

ROE= return on equity
    G= growth rate
    R= cost of equity
    BV= Book value
    MV= Market value

Far more concerned that you're going to see 'Santa' than anything else.

Again, valuation cannot be broken down into a formula.

Any bank can create earnings right now, whether they are real or not can take years and even decades to find out.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    His wishes are simple like him ...simple and innocent and gentle ...
    He wants 2CC = $2 ...TRA = $ 6 ....nothing more ...he is already above me in 2023 stock picking competition ...his wish coming true

Probably wants his supermarket shop to double in price as well.

Meanwhile what the Sailor wants for Christmas if for his biggest position to drop by 50% or more.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by SailorRob View Post
    Probably wants his supermarket shop to double in price as well.

Meanwhile what the Sailor wants for Christmas if for his biggest position to drop by 50% or more.
    I hope you get what you wish for.
    I am looking forward to my largest holding increasing 50%...
    Last edited by percy; 23-12-2023 at 09:58 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I hope you get what you wish for.
    I am looking forward to my largest holding increasing 50%...
    Thanks, for me that would be extremely short sighted and cost me a huge amount of money, millions.

But for you if you are selling equity to fund consumption then that makes sense.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by SailorRob View Post
    Thanks, for me that would be extremely short sighted and cost me a huge amount of money, millions.

But for you if you are selling equity to fund consumption then that makes sense.
    That would have to be comment of the year to describe Percy. You've obviously never met him and don't know anything about him. Merry Christmas all.
    Last edited by iceman; 23-12-2023 at 11:22 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    That would have to be comment of the year to describe Percy. You've obviously never met him and don't know anything about him. Merry Christmas all.
    I have analysed his comments going back over a decade, know his exact age and profession and know two people who know him personally.

Haven't met him but know a lot about him.

He's certainly not planning on 'spending it all' so perhaps the ability to reinvest at a far higher rate of return rather than far lower might be better.