sharetrader
Page 1696 of 1741 FirstFirst ... 69611961596164616861692169316941695169616971698169917001706 ... LastLast
Results 16,951 to 16,960 of 17404
    Investments

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy415 View Post
    I guess there in lies the problem...a banker trying to understand beef farming or China politics or the weather...he knows how to fund these enterprises but day to day farming nuances not so much...time will tell if he can come back.....I think so
    I have heard it or shall I say read it many many times ...the most common advise experts give ...never fall in love with any stock ...get out as soon as u realise its going downhill for a while ...never catch a falling knife ...etc etc ...only expert who practices that with great results to his portfolio is Mr B ...adds to his winning picks and gets out even at a loss out of downtrending / tough outlook ones ...he did participate in HGH CR last August but then realised its longer term problems and got out ...now he is wondering even $ 1.30 will be bottom this time ....just giving his example for learning from it ...rather then keep on finding reasons for holding on ....but maybe now its in no man's land .... Book Jim Slater wrote has an excuse for everyone there ...excuse to hold ...excuse to sell ...excuse to buy ...what works becomes right ...lol ...Nothing succeeds like success

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    I have heard it or shall I say read it many many times ...the most common advise experts give ...never fall in love with any stock ...get out as soon as u realise its going downhill for a while ...never catch a falling knife ...etc etc ...only expert who practices that with great results to his portfolio is Mr B ...adds to his winning picks and gets out even at a loss out of downtrending / tough outlook ones ...he did participate in HGH CR last August but then realised its longer term problems and got out ...now he is wondering even $ 1.30 will be bottom this time ....just giving his example for learning from it ...rather then keep on finding reasons for holding on ....but maybe now its in no man's land .... Book Jim Slater wrote has an excuse for everyone there ...excuse to hold ...excuse to sell ...excuse to buy ...what works becomes right ...lol ...Nothing succeeds like success
    I like your look... listen... learn..style and must say it's quite refreshing compared to some others that use this forum lately

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    "Perhaps the most pertinent piece of advice in the current market is not to allow a bear market to frighten you into taking patient money out of good long-term growth shares.
    Well HGH certainly have a well thought out growth strategy.
    We are not in a bear market so don’t quite follow your rationale?

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    We are not in a bear market so don’t quite follow your rationale?
    How do you figure that out, both NZX50 gross and capital are still beneath a downtrend going back to January 2021. How is that not a bear market?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    How do you figure that out, both NZX50 gross and capital are still beneath a downtrend going back to January 2021. How is that not a bear market?

NZ50 Gross is all that counts and we are in a massive bear market...

Don't get too caught up in funny measurements (not you BaaBaa)... The market hasn't moved a cent in 1690 days or nearly 5 years.

Advanced Member

You are supposed to be ignoring me? The market has bounced back quite nicely recently and world markets too.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    ATP and 2CC had a number of things in common.
    Strong balance sheets with no debt,but most importantly massive cash flows from operations.
    Both were in the right sectors at the right time,yet the market had over looked them.

Had a Quick Look at ATP, absolutely phenomenal buying for 10 million (beginning of the year). Was one of the cheapest companies in the world if they can keep earning anything close to what they are currently.

Well done, you effectively earned back your entire outlay in cash in 12 Months (I know you did 5 x on the share price but the company actually earned its entire year beginning market value).

Banned

You are supposed to be ignoring me? The market has bounced back quite nicely recently and world markets too.

Umm dude, we're 7% off the low and 22% down from the high. You been on it today? I've been on all kinds of things and can still clearly see we're in a massive Bear market as well as able to explain why.

Membaa

But it's still a bear market locally. Fine if you're index the SP5 or DOW, even NAZ, but NZX is a dog, locked in a three year SP downtrend since it's highs Jan 2021. Maybe your, or some of your stocks are SP bullish, but the NZX remains a backwater den of iniquity. Until it isn't.

So saying it's "not a bear market" is ... complete the sentence.

It's Christmas Tim, I remove everyone from my ignore list and reevaluate from there. So far we're not doing too well. You reckon we're in a "not a bear market". Explain that to everyone who has 3 years of SP suffering and are still in a deep downtrend.

Banned

But it's still a bear market locally. Fine if you're index the SP5 or DOW, even NAZ, but NZX is a dog, locked in a three year SP downtrend since it's highs Jan 2021. Maybe your, or some of your stocks are SP bullish, but the NZX remains a backwater den of iniquity. Until it isn't.

So saying it's "not a bear market" is ... complete the sentence.

It's Christmas Tim, I remove everyone from my ignore list and reevaluate from there. So far we're not doing too well. You reckon we're in a "not a bear market". Explain that to everyone who has 3 years of SP suffering and are still in a deep downtrend.
    Just under 5 years... 1690 days ago the market was where it stands today.

Adjusted for inflation and this is a once in a generation bear market.