sharetrader
Page 1698 of 1741 FirstFirst ... 69811981598164816881694169516961697169816991700170117021708 ... LastLast
Results 16,971 to 16,980 of 17408

Quote Originally Posted by mike2020 View Post
    Well, where is the $1.35 people talked about?
    Market didn’t factor in alokdhir buying
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    You might see price rises happen usually before a capital raise announcement. We may just get one early next year.
    I did wonder about that. What chance is there they back out of the bank acquisition?

I took a small holding at $1.80 via Jarden when they last raised capital, and have in the past few days now averaged down to just under $1.48 with a more substantial holding.

The market will reassess once/if the Challenger acquisition has concluded. A good share to have included in your 2024 competition picks in my view given the potential for upside, thou I confess I didn't do that myself which is a contradiction.

Anyway, a happy new year to everyone and my best wishes for good investing/trading in 2024.

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Market didn’t factor in alokdhir buying
    I will not try to catch a falling knife of HGH quality ...MFT types are different ballgame ....learnt that from Gurus here ...good advise to adhere to !!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post

Why Gross index was specially formed for NZ as its a defensive market with very high dividend yield unlike USA or other markets ...thus they wanted to incorporate dividend returns also into the index to truly reflect returns from equity investments in NZ
    The NZ investment/pension/tax environment has meant households favour real estate investment. So, many growth companies end up being bought out by foreign companies or listing on foreign stock exchanges to access capital. So that leaves a small stock exchange with a high proportion of defensive capitalisation.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 31-12-2023 at 07:23 AM.

Banned

From an article on interest.co.nz on bank deposits https://www.interest.co.nz/personal-...its-held-banks

'And we should all understand, this is not real insurance. No private insurer anywhere in the world will provide this coverage. This is a taxpayer benefit for savers. And savers tend to be well healed and politically connected. It is a middle-class welfare benefit'.

Why will no insurer in the world provide this coverage?

Don't worry though, Percy has done lots of research as he did on Channel Infrastructure. Haven't seen him on the 2023 returns thread though??

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SailorRob View Post
    From an article on interest.co.nz on bank deposits https://www.interest.co.nz/personal-...its-held-banks

'And we should all understand, this is not real insurance. No private insurer anywhere in the world will provide this coverage. This is a taxpayer benefit for savers. And savers tend to be well healed and politically connected. It is a middle-class welfare benefit'.

Why will no insurer in the world provide this coverage?

Don't worry though, Percy has done lots of research as he did on Channel Infrastructure. Haven't seen him on the 2023 returns thread though??
    Actually this scheme would benefit a broader range of savers, than just being another subsidy benefit for the wealthy.

The major rich family benefits come in the form of a lack of a general CGT, and home owner tax exemptions. Those who do not get capital gains, or for whom real estate ownership is inappropriate or too expensive, will often have bank accounts and term deposits.

Quote Originally Posted by SailorRob View Post

genuine question, why does this bother you?

his quality posts speak for themselves.
    Last edited by Mr Slothbear; 03-01-2024 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mike2020 View Post
    Well, where is the $1.35 people talked about?
    Well its getting there and not far from here..Hang tight it might go lower

looking like it wants to go lower. probably nim's getting crushed
    one step ahead of the herd