sharetrader
Page 170 of 1742 FirstFirst ... 701201601661671681691701711721731741802202706701170 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 17414

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Yes they do have domestic borrowings,however it is their overseas borrowings which are the concern.
    May pay you to read the article so you can understand the problem.
    Its the cost of their borrowings which is /will/or might become the problem. Borrowing domestically is one way that would ameliorate the problem a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by turmeric View Post
    Hasn't SNoopy been -ve on HNZ since about 50c or so?
    as long as Snoopy here, 50c is not impossible to reach, has been proved by PGW

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Fuger View Post
    Its the cost of their borrowings which is /will/or might become the problem. Borrowing domestically is one way that would ameliorate the problem a bit.
    Exactly. However why have n't they done that.!!?????
    Heartland do not have any of these problems.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Master98 View Post
    Snoopy has learnt a great deal on this thread.For a long time both Sparky The clown and I have done all we can to help him.
    Last edited by percy; 02-07-2013 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Exactly. However why have n't they done that.!!?????
    Heartland do not have any of these problems.
    Perhaps you should read chalkies article. which might give you some understanding of the reasons.

I recall two themes were running simultaneously regarding banking license or not

Snoopdog believed they had to wait until 3 years accounts were available, as per RBNZ guidelines.

xerofdog believed they would never get a license whilst the CUR, Kerr, still had his paw in the till.

Snoopdog was foiled by pro-forma accounts being acceptable (I guess)

xerofdog could say he was correct as no license was granted until after the curs inauspicious exit was consumated. We will never know if that was a valid reason or not, but I'll claim it !!

ps with mild amusement I see the CUR is trying to have the 'transparency for PGC' blog shut down.
    Last edited by Xerof; 02-07-2013 at 03:19 PM.

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Master98 View Post
    Master I am making no prediction of doom for HNZ, nor do I predict greatness. I have held PGW for a number of years so I feel that I know that company better than most. I cannot say the same for HNZ. I am a shareholder in HNZ indirectly, because PGW owns a small stake. Hence my interest in HNZ.

All I do know is that there continue to be some difficult property loans on the HNZ loan book and I prefer to wait until the plan to deal with these is clear before investing in HNZ. If HNZ are successful in sorting out these loans there is probably some upside in the share price that I will miss. If they are unsuccessful, then I may join in the cash issue that will be necessary to bail them out. In the meantime I will continue to wait on the sidelines and see what happens.

My message to existing shareholders is not to sell, nor to buy, nor anything to do with any transactions. It is just be careful that you understand the risks attached to those HNZ shares that you own.

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 02-07-2013 at 04:41 PM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    Snoopy, I appreciate you are being cautious. This is a significant improvement on previous comments where you were refusing to acknowledge upside potential! (Banking license, capital requirements, inability for the share to move beyond certain levels)

while they have yet to exit the non core property assets, they have taken steps to account for an exit sooner rather than later. They should get credit for that.

They have also made significant bullish predictions for 2014 earnings, so I hope you get a chance to participate in upside there.
    Snoopy has missed the first 63% gain on this 'puppy' since Dodgie Porgie sold down.

Not much point him changing stance now, I would have thought?

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Exclamation More banks than you have dollars to deposit

Co-op getting big ideas and advertising, more competition for HNZ?

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Seems to be strggling to get past 83c of late - is there still some pesky BOT or other seller who is keeping the price down with their sales