sharetrader
Page 1707 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 70712071607165716971703170417051706170717081709171017111717 ... LastLast
Results 17,061 to 17,070 of 17397

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    Felt like Jeff became too big for his boots when SP was $ 1.89 at last CR ...but at that time W69 disagreed ....but after seeing present SP ...he will surely reconsider .....

All said ...maybe he can manage it ...though market is very skeptical ... so

HGH has done it many times before ....I am almost ready to bet on it after seeing what it says tmrw
    Don’t you remember mate that I finally cancelled Jeff in December …lost complete faith ….at least share price was still about 150 at time

Shortly after cancelling him I liked your post that went like this -

He can be another Nick punishing his shareholders with his stubborn beliefs ....Our love affair with Australia causing more trouble !!

Movie Fatal Attraction comes to mind
    Last edited by winner69; 26-02-2024 at 06:15 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Currently OCA 8% and HGH 5% of my NZ share portfolio.
    HGH 5.5% of my NZ share portfolio. Sold 1/3 between Christmas & NY so now quite pleased I did that.
    No OCA since selling out in Feb 20222

Agree with your comments about the insiders on the NZX. Not a very fair game at all.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    Jun 2016, nearly 8 years ago, I remember coming off the Mongolian Steppes and discovering the Heartland SP had dropped to $1.20 bargain territory.

Today it is cheaper!?
    Just checked sharesight for my overall return from Heartland HBL and HGH. I first invested in 2012 and have added to that about 8 times since at various, what I thought Opportune times since. The return from Heartland from 2012 to today has been 9.7% gross. Most of it from the dividend yield. So even allowing for tax, that return still is in excess of the return from the NZX50! I was surprised.

So this old moggy got a bit of cream!
    Last edited by Bjauck; 26-02-2024 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Just checked sharesight for my overall return from Heartland HBL and HGH. I first invested in 2012 and have added to that about 8 times since at various, what I thought Opportune times since. The return from Heartland from 2012 to today has been 9.4% gross. Most of it from the dividend yield. So even allowing for tax, that return still is in excess of the return from the NZX50! I was surprised.

So this pussy cat got a bit of cream!
    Yeah can't feel too sorry for myself just yet. Still 9.47% also. That could be 0 tomorrow...

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Don’t you remember mate that I finally cancelled Jeff in December …lost complete faith ….at least share price was still about 150 at time

Shortly after cancelling him I liked your post that went like this -

He can be another Nick punishing his shareholders with his stubborn beliefs ....Our love affair with Australia causing more trouble !!

Movie Fatal Attraction comes to mind
    I do remember u lost faith in him ...also I know wisdom helps in getting out early ...and u are wisest of us all !!

But now we all must ponder when to get. in and IF ??

Legend

WTF is going on with HGH .. is next announcement going to be a clanger & non event ?

https://www.nzx.com/instruments/HGH

Look at the two year graph on NZX site to see where the trail has lead

and shed just over 7% in today's trading

How are their exposures into a higher interest economy in volatile times faring ?

Are these guys still advertising & sponsoring stuff out there ? Haven't seen much of that
    going on for a while ..

At least on that SP pattern - further Cap Raises might be off the table, but if there's damage in the kitchen then possibility the Div might go on the chopping board to retain more of any earnings
    Last edited by nztx; 26-02-2024 at 11:00 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post

Agree with your comments about the insiders on the NZX. Not a very fair game at all.
    Merge with ASX then have their organisation and regulators police NZ public companies. We're simply incapable of it.

I have a feeling I'm going to lose a significant sum today.. RYM and now HGH.

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Pity as HGH are one of my core dividend stocks.
    U are still very well covered with lots of 2CC and TRA doing super plus your. original investment in HGH was sub $ 1 ....think about people who participated fully to add new shares at last CR ...they were lured in with high yield promise which. made sense at those prices .

Now main question in my mind is that Can HGH recover and go back to 10-12 cents dividends ? If answer is yes then its just a minor set back ...just foregoing one lot of dividend ...but if they cant then its a SELL even now ....will need help of experts like u to answer that ...

Panda the ASX is the wild west, you can get away with murder over there. Shorter's paradise, so many good AUS companies manipulated into low ball take overs after years of bot trades pushing them down. That said the NZX is hardly a picnic of late.

I have wondered this morning if they might pull the plug on the new bank. HGH was doing so well as it was, surely someone must be paying attention. All those highly profitable reverse loans suddenly worthless, while the Aus housing market goes gangbusters. It's just bad math.

Quote Originally Posted by mike2020 View Post
    Panda the ASX is the wild west, you can get away with murder over there. Shorter's paradise, so many good AUS companies manipulated into low ball take overs after years of bot trades pushing them down. That said the NZX is hardly a picnic of late.

I have wondered this morning if they might pull the plug on the new bank. HGH was doing so well as it was, surely someone must be paying attention. All those highly profitable reverse loans suddenly worthless, while the Aus housing market goes gangbusters. It's just bad math.
    How are the reverse mortgages suddenly worthless? What have I missed?