sharetrader
Page 171 of 1741 FirstFirst ... 711211611671681691701711721731741751812212716711171 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 17407

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    Co-op getting big ideas and advertising, more competition for HNZ?

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Good for both Coop and HNZ the smaller NZ banks getting higher market presence

HNZ need not worried .... different types of customers ....one could say complementary

Hey Percy - does that redeem me a bit ,,,, please cut the community service back to 5 hours - found some one to help me plant the 350 trees

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Good for both Coop and HNZ the smaller NZ banks getting higher market presence

HNZ need not worried .... different types of customers ....one could say complementary

Hey Percy - does that redeem me a bit ,,,, please cut the community service back to 5 hours - found some one to help me plant the 350 trees
    Redeemed.!!!
    Sounds a very good project to be involved with.
    Just love "complementary."

Quote Originally Posted by turmeric View Post
    I should probably go and find out for my self, but someone might be able to save me the time... Is HNZ subject to the Open Bank Resolution Policy?
    From one jus been through a OBR project in house, Yes HNZ will be under the same Reserve Bank initiative, any registered bank that takes deposits.

IS the CO-OP CEO in the same century?

" I am an absolute advocate that branches remain the heart and soul of the bank."

I myself am an absolute advocate that customer self service at any time of the day or night is the only way a bank will survive the next decade..watch CO-OP dissapear if this is their focus.

I should probably go and find out for my self, but someone might be able to save me the time... Is HNZ subject to the Open Bank Resolution Policy?
    seems rather obscure sort of question to ask ..... worried or something

Guru

The main point is that the implication of OBR for shareholders is pretty great. I.e. if the bank gets into trouble and the OBR is employed the shareholders are explicitly first in line to lose out.
    Shareholders are always the first to lose out - thats why we (hopefully) get the greatest rewards.

Order people get money:
    Secured
    Unsecured (includes bank customers)
    Equity

What OBR does (I think) is enable the public to get access to their money quickly (after a small haircut) rather than waiting years to see exactly what they get and not having access in the mean time.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

My view is that the shareholders should lose out. It is their responsibility to monitor how the Bank, or any other company, is doing. A good example is Pike River, in which I owned shares. The shareholders lost the lot as a direct result of the failure of Government to have adequate Mining Inspectors at work. I should have asked many more questions about Pike operations.
    Which brings me to the job of shareholders in HNZ. We have to take responsibility. After all, we stand to lose the lot if minor errors become major ones.
    I shall never forget a shareholders meeting I attended for Pyne Gould. When they were in the process of destroying shareholder wealth. My nasty question, I forget what it was, was greeted with cold silence. The reply from the directors received a wave of applause from the Shareholders. Who shortly after lost most of their cash. Our job is to monitor how our cash invested in HNZ is doing. We could lose the lot.
    I must write that up to the present HNZ staff and Directors have done pretty well.

老外

Quote Originally Posted by mouse View Post
    My view is that the shareholders should lose out. It is their responsibility to monitor how the Bank, or any other company, is doing. A good example is Pike River, in which I owned shares. The shareholders lost the lot as a direct result of the failure of Government to have adequate Mining Inspectors at work. I should have asked many more questions about Pike operations.
    Which brings me to the job of shareholders in HNZ. We have to take responsibility. After all, we stand to lose the lot if minor errors become major ones.
    I shall never forget a shareholders meeting I attended for Pyne Gould. When they were in the process of destroying shareholder wealth. My nasty question, I forget what it was, was greeted with cold silence. The reply from the directors received a wave of applause from the Shareholders. Who shortly after lost most of their cash. Our job is to monitor how our cash invested in HNZ is doing. We could lose the lot.
    I must write that up to the present HNZ staff and Directors have done pretty well.
    That is my thinking as well. As investors, we are more likely in a better position (from an education sense and an information available sense) to understand the financials and be able to make conclusions/ask questions based on this, compared to Joe Bloggs down the road who has his savings in the bank and wouldn't know his financial arse from his elbow! As a result, investing for us is both risky and potentially highly profitable, but using our heads instead of hearts to make decisions and ask questions means we should be able to keep both ourselves and Joe Bloggs from losing the lot!

HNZ should definitely be on 90c by the end of the year, in a market that appears to be pretty much fully priced. I expect it to be about $1 though, with returns about what you get in the bank but lots of potential upside for the future, why not?

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by blobbles View Post
    HNZ should definitely be on 90c by the end of the year, in a market that appears to be pretty much fully priced. I expect it to be about $1 though, with returns about what you get in the bank but lots of potential upside for the future, why not?
    The argument is that because everything else is fully priced that Heartland should be too? I can give you plenty of reasons why this might not happen. Firstly:

1/ there has never been a market that is fully priced where every share is fully priced.
    2/A market fully priced such as we have now is largely held up by very low interest rates. The minute Wheeler looks like raising interest rates the market should fall, and if a rise is forecast within 6 months the market will react. Rising interest rates will dampen demand for loans from Heartland.
    3/ Heartland still has a large whack of Central Otago land on the books, and provisions against that land are now exhausted. So any further write down will have a significant impact on book NTA. I was in Central Otago during January and took the opportunity to inspect some of those property developments first hand. All very nice but apart from the odd golf course no facilities. How many people are there willing to spend big dollars to be in the middle of nowhere? I see very little prospect of respite for these developments.

While significant uncertainty for the Central Otago loans exist, I would continue to class this company as very high risk. I would not buy in at any price until the June 2013 balance sheet is released. There is still huge uncertainty with Heartland going forwards.

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 13-07-2013 at 04:51 PM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

percy

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    83 cleaned out yesterday ... onwards and upwards ... next stop circa 86 but could be higher ... NTA of 90c should be cleaned out by end-of-year
    Break out confirmed with Snoopy posting.Post 2087.!!! lol

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Break out confirmed with Snoopy posting.Post 2087.!!! lol
    better give the glasses a clean percy. lol, havent got to 2087 yet