sharetrader
Page 1724 of 1742 FirstFirst ... 72412241624167417141720172117221723172417251726172717281734 ... LastLast
Results 17,231 to 17,240 of 17414

I don't find the absence of a general CGT crazy at all.

On another note, by my count 30 of the 2024 competition entrants chose HGH as one of their picks so when XP04 adjusts for today's announcement (and how he does it) the outcome will be interesting.

Default Decisions decisions

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldson View Post
    I don't find the absence of a general CGT crazy at all.

On another note, by my count 30 of the 2024 competition entrants chose HGH as one of their picks so when XP04 adjusts for today's announcement (and how he does it) the outcome will be interesting.
    I’m one of them. The question I have for the hive mind is do I sell some of my AFT to fund my entitlement plus 100% punt? What to do?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    I wouldn’t be surprised if a version of the “fair dividend rate” for low or non-dividend paying companies will be introduced for NZ company share investments by one party or another. Governments have found all sorts of erratic ways around the crazy absence of a general CGT.
    I don’t mind that as everyone gets stung.

If they do introduce a capital gains tax on the other hand I hope they also allow for capital gains losses.

Quote Originally Posted by Simsee View Post
    I’m one of them. The question I have for the hive mind is do I sell some of my AFT to fund my entitlement plus 100% punt? What to do?
    My two pennys worth is don't do that.

For a start, I cannot see more than 20% of entitlements not being taken up, as you cannot renounce for value and the pricing suggests that theoretically you get $1.17 for investing $1.00 or leave that difference to the benefit of others. So it does make sense to gather cash but not as much cash as you intend if you need to sell an existing investment to do so.

Secondly I would trawl your portfolio for something other than AFT, which is relatively low in the cycle just now and has run the hardest yards in the last few years so as to now be dividend paying and with relatively low debt, and is due to report for FY24 in May albeit that outcome seems quite well signalled. AFT is increasing annual revenue relatively strongly and is in growth mode, and whilst the dividend yield is (very) modest it is at least paid. So perhaps there is more potential there than some other holding?

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    Yes but I guess the $105m institutional bit isnt factored in doing it this way
    What my ex boss used to call the ‘buggerization’ factor!

Hoping to pick some of these up for a buck in the coming weeks
    BTC went to $69K and now $16K. Good thing I’ve been warning you since it was $3K! I was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    Hoping to pick some of these up for a buck in the coming weeks

Might even go sub $1 mate
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    I chose the wrong time to partly rejoin the DRIP! Oz usually chews up Kiwi companies and spits them out. Jeff's skedaddling, not wanting to be in charge should that happen with Heartland?
    except HGH have had a great Aussie business for years now, this change will make their margins there even better. I’m buying back into this company this week.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    except HGH have had a great Aussie business for years now, this change will make their margins there even better. I’m buying back into this company this week.
    Fair comment. This one will be different. Just being a negative Nellie when a company comes cap in hand within two years for more of my money - or else my investment will be diluted.

I'll be taking up my entitlement and I'll also be taking advantage of the offer which allows me to buy up to an additional 100% of the offered shares at 1 buck. I'll fund it by selling some ANZ Aussie shares, that way the amount allocated to banking in my portfolio will remain the same.