sharetrader
Page 1732 of 1742 FirstFirst ... 7321232163216821722172817291730173117321733173417351736 ... LastLast
Results 17,311 to 17,320 of 17414

Mena ka iti ake te wa mo te Maori me te kanorau me te nui ake o te whakahaere i te pakihi katahi ka pai ake te mahi kararehe. mahi kararehe ****
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    Balance, hope you're joking about an Aussie leading the group?? Kiwis end up leading the big aussie banks often enough. Perhaps because kiwi banks are more profitable. Maybe kiwis are just better bankers than the aussies? Chris Flood would be the obvious choice. Looks like a well orchestrated succession plan to me. Chris leading NZ, then leading Aus & now will lead the group.

I dont really see the risk in moving into aussie. They are already there and making truck loads of money. Now they are there with a bank license and will make even more money through great NIM. No doubt they will soon be offering asset finance to completement the reverse mortgages and livestock stuff. This is what they know well and do better than everyone else.

Im not a holder but hope to be around $1 (or under )
    Only Ralph Norris (ASB to NAB) comes to mind? Shayne Elliot (ANZ) has been out of NZ for the last 30 years after he finished his cadetship at Citibank NZ.

As for HGH making truck loads of money in Australia, how did you quantify that vs its use of capital?

We all want HGH to do well in Australia (be bloody nice for a change) but let's not understate the risks in going there.

Balance, hope you're joking about an Aussie leading the group?? Kiwis end up leading the big aussie banks often enough. Perhaps because kiwi banks are more profitable. Maybe kiwis are just better bankers than the aussies? Chris Flood would be the obvious choice. Looks like a well orchestrated succession plan to me. Chris leading NZ, then leading Aus & now will lead the group.

I dont really see the risk in moving into aussie. They are already there and making truck loads of money. Now they are there with a bank license and will make even more money through great NIM. No doubt they will soon be offering asset finance to completement the reverse mortgages and livestock stuff. This is what they know well and do better than everyone else.

Im not a holder but hope to be around $1 (or under )

Lucky I didn't post this earlier today, when I would have said $1.06 was improbable, and under $1.00 impossible. But surely it must have a floor just now pending the retail entitlement offer closing on Monday?

It doesn't make sense to me to sell at these prices. I have subscribed this week under two hats, including for around 20%+ additional shares if these do become available, as some % inevitably will and perhaps more so since the head shares have drifted so low just now.

Patience is what is needed. In 6 months it will almost certainly look different.

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldson View Post
    Lucky I didn't post this earlier today, when I would have said $1.06 was improbable, and under $1.00 impossible. But surely it must have a floor just now pending the retail entitlement offer closing on Monday?

It doesn't make sense to me to sell at these prices. I have subscribed this week under two hats, including for around 20%+ additional shares if these do become available, as some % inevitably will and perhaps more so since the head shares have drifted so low just now.

Patience is what is needed. In 6 months it will almost certainly look different.
    The cap raises zap the demand in the short term. so always in the past it seems to drift down to the issue price or below?

Agree in 6 to 24 months time it will be a healthy capital gain from $1

Given the price action after the last raise I will be dissapointed if it stays over a dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by mike2020 View Post
    Given the price action after the last raise I will be dissapointed if it stays over a dollar.
    be amazing , looks like hgh overpaid for challenger.?
    challenger announced today it booked a profit on sale of 11m when sold to hgh
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

The cap raises zap the demand in the short term. so always in the past it seems to drift down to the issue price or below?

Agree in 6 to 24 months time it will be a healthy capital gain from $1
    Raw, didnt happen with RYM !! well below the C R price atm.

Anyone used Judo Bank in Aus, is this what HGH want to turn Challenger Bank into?

Participated and opted for more. That's it. That's the post/reply.

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by X-men View Post
    One of the sheet shares of the year... anyone wants my allotment?

Or it can be 'oh ya Jeff, fuk U..thanks for destroying the Sp'
    Lot's of passion around Jeff , both positive and negative. When we get our ' 'On ya Jeff' badges, could I make a suggestion? Those who are happy with Jeff's stewardship, please wear them on the right side of your lapel. But if you think Jeff is a share price destroying rogue, wear your badge on your left lapel. That way, when the team shareholder photograph is taken, we can count up the badges on the right side, compare that total to the number of badges on the left side, and get a 'shareholder vote' on Jeff's time at the top. It will be our little shareholder secret of course. Jeff will never know the result. But it will be a good indication of shareholder mood nevertheless.

I have had a really fraught time completing my capital raising application form on line today. I ended up cursing the fintech foibles of a demonstratively inadequate and demonically coded on line application process. Firstly there were not enough boxes in the bank account name field to hold my bank account name. Then there was some kind of problem right at the end when the form seemingly would not accept my e-mail address.

I rang up Link securities, and they told me to 'fudge my name' by writing it in a shortened form. It will be interesting to see if that gets through the bank payment process. Then the problem at the end where I had to check the highlighted box (the asterisk was alongside the e-mail address box which is why I thought it was the problem) was actually an invisible white box on a white background at the bottom of this last page of the application that I could not see! What a numbskull piece of design, which ended up making me go through the application process four times before I got it right!

Late this afternoon I transferred my ' 'On ya Jeff' badge from my right lapel to my left side.......

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 18-04-2024 at 05:20 PM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7