sharetrader
Page 179 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 791291691751761771781791801811821831892292796791179 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 17397

I've received offers of this kind for other companies that I hold. They're usually quite formally worded and would look pretty convincing to the uninitiated.

They usually emphasise the no commission offer which would appeal to some smaller holders - but the offer price is always way below market. Even though they do have to quote the current market price it's usually in another part of the document - well away from their low-ball offer.

The payment terms are usually unattractive too - often some time after the transfer is effected so the seller is left as an unsecured creditor in the event that the dosh doesn't arrive.

I always send the offer forms back with a suitably worded inscription such as "crap" or ****ers" - and always in in an unstamped envelope - my little protest at their thieving ways.
    "Don't be afraid to take a big step if one is indicated. You can't cross a chasm in two small jumps." David Lloyd George

老外

Cool, thanks guys, just wondering what these things looked like, how they made the case for getting you to get rid of your shares for peanuts. Nice one Pierre for giving them some harsh words!

Here's some positive news for Heartland in comparison to other NZ Banks , cut from the Herald this AM.

New Zealand banks boosted their combined profit to almost $1 billion in the March quarter, but an ultra-competitive lending environment appears to be favouring big players, like ANZ, over smaller operators such as TSB and Kiwibank, according to new research.

and it goes on to say.........

Five of the nine banks surveyed - ANZ, Westpac, ASB, BNZ and Heartland Bank - enjoyed a rise in profit in the March quarter.

The Co-operative Bank had flat profit, while TSB, SBS Bank (formerly Southland Building Society) and Kiwibank all saw decreases in their bottom-line, according to the survey.

So Heartland seem to be doing well and other Kiwi owned banks less so.

Dilettante

And I thought this comment from the Stuff website on the same issue, was very interesting:

" Net interest margins, which represent the premium added to money before it is lent, fell 4 basis points to 2.24 per cent.
    Cheapest by far were Kiwibank (1.78 per cent margin) and TSB Bank (1.98 per cent), while the newest bank, Heartland, occupied the other extreme at 4.21 per cent.

The big four Australian-owned banks all had margins ranging between 2.15 and 2.35 per cent. "

percy

I prefer to watch FPF and UBC as indicators, rather than the banks to get a fix where Heartland is going.
    I feel it is more a finance company with a bank licence, than a bank that does finance company business.
    However, we do have the safeguard of it having to comply with Reserve Bank banking regulations.

Guru

Slightly of topic but the new Co-op Bank TV ad is a good one. Another Record Bank profit

percy

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    Slightly of topic but the new Co-op Bank TV ad is a good one. Another Record Bank profit
    There is a thread for Co-op Bank.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    There is a thread for Co-op Bank.
    Come on Percy - remember hnz and coop complement each other

When coop does good things some of it runs off on hnz

Cj likes the coop ad so lets hope many others do as well ....gives all punters the warm fuzzies about these small banks

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Come on Percy - remember hnz and coop complement each other

When coop does good things some of it runs off on hnz

Cj likes the coop ad so lets hope many others do as well ....gives all punters the warm fuzzies about these small banks
    I agree with you,however was only trying to help CJ.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I prefer to watch FPF and UBC as indicators, rather than the banks to get a fix where Heartland is going.
    I feel it is more a finance company with a bank licence, than a bank that does finance company business.
    However, we do have the safeguard of it having to comply with Reserve Bank banking regulations.
    Amen.