sharetrader
Page 184 of 1739 FirstFirst ... 841341741801811821831841851861871881942342846841184 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 17390
    Advanced Member

A dollar is Possible mouse.. Percy is probably correct. Although I personally will not be disappointed if it only gets to 0.99 by years end.

For now..

Expecting and will receive, greater things in Y14. :-)))

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Nice people at HNZ doing wonderful things.!!!
    Well perhaps, but all will be revealed on Monday August 25th.

In the meantime though, I thought you might be interested in the part of FY2013 report for Heartland that has already been released. You have to do a bit of sniffing around to find it, which is where being a beagle is very useful.

In the PGW accounts for the year, go to the segmental results section (p12) and look at the referred to break down of 'Other Agriservices' (p13). There you will find a heading 'Finance Commissions'. That is the kickback payment from Heartland for all of the rural loan business that PGW has funneled Heartlands way.

At first glance it looks good, with $660k of commissions paid to PGW in FY2013 verses only $591k for FY2012. However, you have to bear in mind that this commission arrangement only started on 1st September during FY2012, which was when PGW finance business was acquired by Heartland. Thus the $591k only covered 10 months. On an annualized basis, using a factor of 12/10, I calculate the comparable figure for FY2012 as $709k. If that figure is accurate it indicates that Heartland's rural loan book has probably declined by 7% over the year. I would argue that given what the rural community went through this year, a 7% decline in the loan book isn't a bad result. However, it does indicate to me that here is absolutely no hurry to accumulate Heartland shares until we see by how much the business overall did shrink on a 'like for like' basis.

Shrinkage is not always bad. I will be very interested to read by how much those bad property loans have declined. Once everything has been through the Auditors wash, we will finally know how tight overall that Heartland business t-shirt has become for the shareholders.

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 16-08-2013 at 03:27 PM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

IMO

Bye the bye im a happy shareholder; i will be happier when i actually see a customer in Heartlands in Tauranga which i walk past re every 2nd day.

Advanced Member

Reckon they will surprise nicely when they report, I'm expecting re-rating toward $1.00 yield will support that price.

percy

I am not expecting a great deal this year,however next year will be a cracker.I am looking forward to the agm where /when I think we will be updated on their $36 -$37mil projected profit for year ended 30/6/2014 .
    The agm is being held at The Addington Raceway at 3pm on Friday 1st November 2013.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    There shouldn't be a big surprise.

Heartland have already given guidance to the market a couple of months ago.

https://nzx.com/companies/HNZ/announcements/237032

NPAT of $7m, which is after the non cash writedowns in non core property assets.

It is 2014 where HNZ is anticipated to outperform, with NPAT anticipated around $34-37m.

What might provide a nice bonus for shareholders is the share buy-back they foreshadowed at the end of that statement.

Nom nom nom, I love buybacks.

Thank you again Percy, for outlining the benefits of this company. Wish I bought a couple of weeks earlier, would have picked it up 10% cheaper.
    Not too late to buy more.!!!! Paper Tiger [and me] think $1.25 has a nice ring to it.!!! lol.

percy

My intrinsic value calcs suggest in excess of that for FY2014. As high as $1.48.
    Think I will go with your valuation.!!!!!

Small shareholders will need big letter boxes .....all that mail pleading to take their shares off their hands.

I love it

Funny if they send them all back full of excrement ....isn't that the response we suggested

One paper quoted hnz man as saying whimp has made more than 1/2 mill from these activities

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Small shareholders will need big letter boxes .....all that mail pleading to take their shares off their hands.

I love it

Funny if they send them all back full of excrement ....isn't that the response we suggested

One paper quoted hnz man as saying whimp has made more than 1/2 mill from these activities
    The last time I checked the top 100 HNZ shareholder list [was about 6 or 9 months ago] Bernard Wimp held 2,000,000 shares.
    So he has made big money on HNZ alone.

percy

Annoys me no end that he has hoovered up so many shares from unsophisticated shareholders.
    Hopefully Heartland's offer to help/organise the sale at market price of small shareholders shares,will be taken up by other companies,so the Bernard Wimps of this world will be put out of business,or find it a lot harder to get away with their distasteful practices.