sharetrader
Page 189 of 1738 FirstFirst ... 891391791851861871881891901911921931992392896891189 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 17380

The reporters say "Stay away from the forums" the forums say "You'll never understand by reading the papers".... I don't know what to think... if these shananigans continue I'll be forced to DYOR

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11113397 "Don't do this"

percy

Quote Originally Posted by The Grinch View Post
    The reporters say "Stay away from the forums" the forums say "You'll never understand by reading the papers".... I don't know what to think... if these shananigans continue I'll be forced to DYOR

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11113397 "Don't do this"
    Yes DYOR is the only way.Read,read,read to learn.Go to agms ,ask questions,ring the company if you want to know something.
    I personally have learnt a great deal from sharetrader.I have not learnt a great deal from stuff's poor coverage of agms or results.Often they are days old and more than likely have wrong facts.

Veteran novice

I wouldn't get too upset by today's press coverage. Market reaction demonstrates that most investors aren't fooled by superficial reporting.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    I wouldn't get too upset by today's press coverage. Market reaction demonstrates that most investors aren't fooled by superficial reporting.
    Love that word "superficial",says it all.!!!

Advanced Member

But what would someone wanting to open a bank account think ? Would that headline stick in there mind ?

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    According to the Dominion-Post this morning, Heartland isn't to report its annual result until Wednesday. They've no idea when things are to happen, and are ignorant and superficial in covering them when they do.

Thats me having a joke percy - I have met yourself, Karen (who is fantastic) and a few others out there at lunch a while back, Tauranga - that Karen was nice enough to arrange. Wouldn't make an investment based on what I read in the paper or what some mad hatter writes on a forum but they do act as (particularly in the case of sharetrader) a good point for further research. Myself I quite like sharetrader and generally find that once your a familiar viewer who has substance and who is more inclined to post for the sake of it.

Anyways apologies, promise my next post will contain content that furthers the HNZ value buy debate.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Unhappy As long as you have done your best, for no one can do more.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Now we come to the most important page of the results announcement, our once a year window into asset quality. Looks like the reporting format has been changed, which makes year on year comparisons difficult. However, I read the total of the Grade 6 'monitor' assets to have increased from $185.315m to $198.370m. This is not a very good position to be in. I note on that same table there is a provision for collectively impaired assets of $15.961m which is up from $8.032m in FY2012. But that provision increase is not enough to cover the accompanying increase in 'monitor' assets.

Meanwhile the sum of Grade 7,8 and 9 assets is now $67.313m down from $80.927m, which is a positive. Overall though 'problem assets' (sum of grade 6,7,8 and 9) have increased slightly. I will have to take some time to think through how all this relates to the overall equity position of HNZ. But I was hoping for a bigger improvement in the doubtful loan book than this. I don't think I will be putting any money into HNZ based on this debt book result alone.

SNOOPY
    Somewhere in KPMG accountants are crying all over their abacus.
    "What is the matter?" they are asked.

"Snoopy did not understand the Credit risk stuff in last years HNZ report, so we rejigged it a bit this year to help him and even added some extra notes in the Provision for impairment sub-section. We were sure he would get it this year. But look he has posted this. We don't know what else we can do!"

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

percy

Quote Originally Posted by The Grinch View Post
    Thats me having a joke percy - I have met yourself, Karen (who is fantastic) and a few others out there at lunch a while back, Tauranga - that Karen was nice enough to arrange. Wouldn't make an investment based on what I read in the paper or what some mad hatter writes on a forum but they do act as (particularly in the case of sharetrader) a good point for further research. Myself I quite like sharetrader and generally find that once your a familiar viewer who has substance and who is more inclined to post for the sake of it.

Anyways apologies, promise my next post will contain content that furthers the HNZ value buy debate.
    Missed the joke on first read.See where you are coming from on second read.Sorry I did not pick up straight away.Been trying to do too many things today.Thanks for pointing that out.You live in a lovely place.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    We can wish Snoopy well with his other investments.
    We can?
    Yeah Right.!!!!!! lol.