sharetrader
Page 190 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 901401801861871881891901911921931942002402906901190 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 17397
    Share Collector

Quote Originally Posted by The Grinch View Post
    The reporters say "Stay away from the forums" the forums say "You'll never understand by reading the papers".... I don't know what to think... if these shananigans continue I'll be forced to DYOR

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11113397 "Don't do this"
    I think you should post that link on Off-topic discussions or Investment Strategies... we could all have a lot of fun with it!!

Originally Posted by The Grinch View Post

The reporters say "Stay away from the forums" the forums say "You'll never understand by reading the papers".... I don't know what to think... if these shananigans continue I'll be forced to DYOR

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11113397 "Don't do this"

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    I think you should post that link on Off-topic discussions or Investment Strategies... we could all have a lot of fun with it!!
    Must sign up (but probably have to pay to get his advice) to that guys (author) website

OMG watched one video and it just sounded like moosie .... support here and then support there and weekly setups and support here that held and support somewhere else that didn't and support went somewhere else but heck am I bullish on this etc etc etc

You missed your station in life moosie .... I can imagine you raving on like this guy

http://www.tradewithprecision.com/ma..._nick_mcdonald

IMO

Bye the bye i walk past Heartland Tauranga re every 2nd day at different times and i have NEVER seen a customer in there. Im still a happy shareholder btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Bye the bye i walk past Heartland Tauranga re every 2nd day at different times and i have NEVER seen a customer in there. Im still a happy shareholder btw.
    That could be a very good sign - if it means the lenders are out at the customers premises arranging finance and mitigating a risks you do can not always pick up at an in the bank premises/on phone meeting. Also could point to great on line services on the transactional side which lowers costs.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    .......OMG watched one video and it just sounded like moosie .... support here and then support there and weekly setups and support here that held and support somewhere else that didn't and support went somewhere else but heck am I bullish on this etc etc etc

You missed your station in life moosie .... I can imagine you raving on like this guy

http://www.tradewithprecision.com/ma..._nick_mcdonald
    sheeeesh........That guy Nick.....I tried to count how many times he said bullish but I ran out of fingers and toes ..dammmm.....

Couldn't figure out what he was saying....Hmmm ...must be a townie...........
    Last edited by Hoop; 26-08-2013 at 11:06 PM.

AWOL

try going every third day.

AWOL

If it is any consolation we have a Rabobank in town - I am the only person I have seen in there over many years apart from one somewhat disoriented and vague employee who emerged from a room deep in the bowels to confront the intruder. Look how successful they have been.

percy

Headline in today's The Press;"Heartland eyes bright 2014."
    A balanced article after that.
    Even local broker Grant Williamson's comments were on the money.
    Well done.[makes a nice change The Press and Williamson].

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    Somewhere in KPMG accountants are crying all over their abacus.
    "What is the matter?" they are asked.

"Snoopy did not understand the Credit risk stuff in last years HNZ report, so we rejigged it a bit this year to help him and even added some extra notes in the Provision for impairment sub-section. We were sure he would get it this year. But look he has posted this. We don't know what else we can do!"
    Oh I "get it" very well Paper Tiger. There has been a $24.3m charge taken in FY2013 against the bad property loans to allegedly put these to bed. Yet despite this, the value of loans in the 'monitor category and worse' is now:

$198.370m + $18.034m + $21.518m + $27.761m = $265.683m

Last year the number of loans in the 'monitor' and above category was

$185.315m + $53.360m + $14.096m + $13.471m = $266.242m

In other words those 'monitor+' debts have barely moved, despite all the restructuring. It is true that less of those debts are now in the higher risk 'substandard', 'doubtful' and 'at risk of loss categories'. But if that is really true, can you please explain why the provision for bad debts has jumped from $8.032m last year to $15.961m this year? Of course I don't expect you to be able to answer that question. But if I was a shareholder I would certainly ask that question of management at the AGM. However my vision of the upcoming AGM is largely unchanged. The lap dog shareholders will still be there wagging their little tails in the front row, while in the second row as somewhat larger animal swings their orange and black tail in sympathetic harmony.

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 27-08-2013 at 09:43 AM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Just to reprise Tim Hunter's quote:

"As a new bank, Heartland has been given more onerous capital requirements by the Reserve Bank than the established players. Its tier-one capital ratio - basically the equity as a percentage of risk-weighted assets - must exceed 12 per cent, while the requirement for ANZ and Westpac is 6 per cent."

What this means is that if Heartland singles out $12,000 of capital, then they can sign up a loan of $100,000 tied to that capital.
    If ANZ or Westpac singles out $12,000 of capital, then they can sign up a loan of $200,000 tied to exactly the same dollar amount of company capital.

If that isn't a restriction on Heartland's core activities vis a vis other banks, I don't know what is. No matter how you spin it, the Heartland banking licence does not give Heartand the same privileges as banking licences awarded to ANZ and Westpac!
    I see the capital raising program at Heartland has started in earnest. The Dividend Reinvestment Plan on the larger than expected dividend, should add to the sweat margin that Heartland has and will certainly be good for the company going forwards. Of course existing shareholders who don't take up the DRP will have their relative shareholding diluted, but that is one way to derisk your portfolio if you are overweight in Heartland shares.

The Heartland dividends past and present may be a good way to placate shareholders many of whom have come onto the register via the PGC train wreck. But have the 1.5c special and 2c interim dividend paid during FY2013 really benefited them? Since over the same period the net asset backing per share has reduced from 88c to 85c I would argue no. All the dividend has done is indirectly given shareholders their own capital back, but I guess calling it a dividend is enough to keep some shareholders happy. Mind you the IRD will be happy because they gained a tax rake off along the way at the expense of the company!

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 27-08-2013 at 10:00 AM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7