sharetrader
Page 227 of 1731 FirstFirst ... 1271772172232242252262272282292302312372773277271227 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,270 of 17301
    The Wolf of Sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    I have noticed over the years that I have been investing many good stocks go unnoticed for long periods of time.
    You have a good point in what you say about there are heaps of funds with fund managers researching for good investments all the time.
    However one only needs to look at the average performance of 90% of managed funds.
    That will tell you thier average return over the last 4 years would be less than the return if they did no research and just bought stocks making up the nzx 50.
    A fund managers goal (to keep most clients happy) is to beat the bank interest rates buy 3-5% and to take as little risk as possible to achieve this. With sharemarkets doing so well this is very easy and little risk is required.
    Also dont forget there is alot of investment options available if you want to put your money into banks stocks and probably most of these stock have been around a long time, have huge marketcaps, good divies and would be considered fairly safe.
    HNZ is IMHO are a bigger risk play than the big boys and still have alot to prove so are easily overlooked by the market place (the market knows they are there but HNZ dont fit into alot of people's investment criteria YET).
    DISC HOLD AND WILL BE TOPPING UP SOON.
    Hey Snapiti,

Fair call regarding the insto's buying the likes of the bigger banks instead. That makes sense. But if it's riskier due to potential growth then wouldn't that make it a prime candidate for insto's growth funds to add some relative stability and therefore be picked up anyway?

Perhaps they want to see where the acqusitions go first?

NBT

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    PE ratios of the Banks sector on the ASX (from AFR) below

Somebody earlier mentioned Bendigo as a benchmark as opposed to the Big $4

Bendigo at 12.7 ... discount a bit for NZX conservatism (like we have lower PEs generally) so for HNZ 10-12 fair?
    Has anyone had a critical look at the numbers in this table?

The first, Div Yield for ANZ, is obviously wromg, being calculated on the final div for the year - 91c - rather than the total for the year of $1.64.

Quote Originally Posted by surfersteve View Post
    our shares came over from PGC ...

intend to hold this stock for ten years ... take that long for the losses to come back !!!

anyone tell me when this thing hits $5.0?

ten years!

percy

intend to hold this stock for ten years ... take that long for the losses to come back !!!

I have put a note in my diary for 4.30pm 10/10/2019 to send you a PM advising that HNZ have hit $5.00.In the meantime enjoy the increasing dividends.

Advanced Member

If you put that much of loses into PGC.. !!.. The question has to be asked..

What did you see in PGC ??..

Disc.. I did have a holding in PGC at the ... " Divide ".. and hung on to the end to make sure that the " Cur " person had bad dreams :-)
    Last edited by janner; 02-11-2013 at 07:35 PM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    !
    I did ask if they were looking at F&P Finance.Brushed me off a bit by saying yes,but it has been for sale on and off for about 12 years now,but yes amongst a lot of opportunities.
    Posted 01-12-2012 after I had attended last year's agm.
    Should they buy FPF they would need to raise capital.

percy

Should Heartland buy FPF they would need to raise capital.Depending on terms it would be well supported,as it would be a great fit.
    Should Heartland buy Motor trade Finance they would not need to raise capital.
    With an equity ratio of 15.7% and strong liquidity.Heartland have no need for more capital.
    Interestingly enough, they did mention at the agm that they do have a share buy back provision in place.
    Last edited by percy; 03-11-2013 at 09:52 AM.

Looks like we are back on track and going to trend upwards now, the depth is looking good for it anyway.
    I put in a order to grab a few more at 85 I dont think thats going to happen now.

The company's PR people seem to be releasing good news stories every few days at the moment.

Share price didn't seem to react to the credit rating. What does everyone think about the BBB- rating? It's about what i was expecting but still thought the market would rally a bit now that it's got a rating. Most banks seem to have an A credit rating but BBB- is still pretty stable. Their just behind TSB!

Name of registered bank
    Name of credit rating agency
    and rating
    Standard
    & Poors
    Fitch Moody’s
    ANZ Bank New Zealand Limited AA- AA- Aa3
    ASB Bank Limited AA- AA- Aa3
    Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited (B) AA- AA- Aa2
    Bank of Baroda (New Zealand) Limited - BBB- -
    Bank of India (New Zealand) Limited BBB- - -
    Bank of New Zealand AA- - Aa3