sharetrader
Page 243 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 1431932332392402412422432442452462472532933437431243 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,430 of 17397
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by janner View Post
    Heheh !.. Good advice Percy..

Even though as said I have reduced my holdings for BALANCE reasons..

Still holding more than the HNZ Guru !!.. ( I think )..

A good investment in troubled times....

Unable to afford the TV repayments.. .. The Furniture.. Aah !!.. More DIC Fines.. Must go and see Welfare !!

The Rural person will still keep paying for the tractor.. .. Even if he has to live on porridge..
    Rather than doing it ..
    I think you were right to re-balance your portfolio.[You still have twice as many as me!].In my recent sell down I sold 20% of our share portfolio.I did not sell any HNZ ,so HNZ now make up 18.2% of our portfolio.
    As you point out The Rural person will keep paying for the tractor.As a great deal of HNZ lending is to "the productive" sector I see few bad debts there.At a presentation I went to they said they had fewer problems with motor vehicle finance than housing.
    " Guy needs his car to get to work,no work,no income."
    For us as investors we are buying a very good company,at near asset backing,with strong earnings growth,with good equity and liquidity.We are buying a company on one years future earnings [$34 to $37mil],paying a good dividend.Not what it may,or may not earn in five years time.
    We are not buying an un profitable company,that may grow earnings,that may become profitable,that may require more funds from shareholders,that has only one source of income,and that has no prospects of paying a dividend in the foreseeable future.
    Plus we have the safety of HNZ being accountable to The Reserve Bank.
    All makes good sense to me.
    As Buffett would say "when the tide goes out,we will see who is swimming without their trunks on."
    Last edited by percy; 09-12-2013 at 07:48 AM.

Just a question for existing holders with a lot of faith in HNZ, at what price would you be willing to top up? I'm trying to figure out when is a good time to jump on board but don't know how to determine if the current price represents good/fair value. Thanks.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Longhaul View Post
    Just a question for existing holders with a lot of faith in HNZ, at what price would you be willing to top up? I'm trying to figure out when is a good time to jump on board but don't know how to determine if the current price represents good/fair value. Thanks.
    The last parcel I brought of HNZ was at 87cents on 26th August as I thought they were great value.
    I still hold that view.
    I am buying with the intention of never selling,but rejoicing in the increasing dividends [which will drive a higher share price] .

I am lucky and got in at arounf 0.70c, if gets to 0.80c or under i would buy more, tempted at Current price which is not to bad considering many value it at over a dollar. Just wish it would hurry up and break the $, then I would relax a bit about the ones I own.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Welcome aboard.No need to cross fingers,you are in wise strong safe hands.
    The share price has risen 24.29% in the past year [since 7th December 2012].
    The dividend yield is 7.14%.
    Equity ratio and liquidity are excellent.
    Earnings per share are expected to increase between 41% and 58% this year.
    HaHaHa you'd make a good politician Percy, its the last 6 months thats more telling. in the last 5 months of the 12 you describe the share price has gone exactly nowhere , it was sitting on 87 cents in July and as of right now its at 86 cents

percy

Quote Originally Posted by K1W1G0LD View Post
    HaHaHa you'd make a good politician Percy, its the last 6 months thats more telling. in the last 5 months of the 12 you describe the share price has gone exactly nowhere , it was sitting on 87 cents in July and as of right now its at 86 cents
    True!!! lol.
    Also true is the fact that HNZ share price has increased 81.25% over the last two years.
    Where it goes over the next one or two years will be fun.Not sure whether I hope for 24.29% or 81.25% again!!!!!.Which ever, I will be enjoying increasing dividends [which will drive the share price trajectory].

Longhaul, If you can't work out if the current price is good value, I suggest you ask a broker. This forum is for chat, not advice.

DISC: I hold HNZ. But like others have been "balancing" my portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    ITs a good observation ... but wait! ... Didn't the same thing happen between Oct and Feb the year before? ...

And the year before that? ...

By GOLLY - I think I'm onto something
    Keep quiet Belg ...... the step up to the next true 'value' level is about to happen .... no doubt .....but you not meant to tell everybody until it is under way

Default A steal

Langhaul, normally its better to learn about an investment and feel confident before you buy, however with HNZ I do not see to much risk if you buy first and research later, current price in my opinion is a steal.

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    Longhaul, If you can't work out if the current price is good value, I suggest you ask a broker. This forum is for chat, not advice.

DISC: I hold HNZ. But like others have been "balancing" my portfolio
    Thanks noodles for clarifying what this forum is for.