sharetrader
Page 246 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 1461962362422432442452462472482492502562963467461246 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,460 of 17397
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    We're busy doin' nothin'
    Workin' the whole day through
    Tryin' to find lots of things not to do
    We're busy goin' nowhere
    Isn't it just a crime
    We'd like to be unhappy, but
    We never do have the time

One day HNZ will break out of it's current range and hopefully on the upside.
    I can wait till then.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    PT.. You have been blessed by being raised in an era with memorable musicals.. With still the remains of good old fashioned education..

More power to your pencil.. :-))

HNZ.. Slowly.. Slowly .. Catchee. Monkey.. :-))

Now tell me that I am not being PC. !!. :-))))

Advanced Member

217 guests looking at the Sharetrader forum .. .. 25/12/2013.. Time .. 21:17..

Augers well ??..

Hmmm.. ??..

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    Given the massive overhang of the old PGW shares being unloaded onto the market, the shares have performed ok.
    There is no overhang of old PGW shares noodles. The absorption of PGW finance was a purely cash transaction for PGW, with all the guarantee risk reverting back to PGW.

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    There is no overhang of old PGW shares noodles. The absorption of PGW finance was a purely cash transaction for PGW, with all the guarantee risk reverting back to PGW.

SNOOPY
    Your record remains intact, 100% wrong.!!!
    PGW shareholding in HNZ,which was overhanging the market,and was recently divested.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post

SNOOPY
    I meant pgw sold down their stake at a discount to the prevailing price. They had a 3% stake in HNZ. I can't find any evidence of the selldown, but pretty sure it happened around aug-sept 2013.
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

percy

Gee Whiz Sparky The Clown your input on this thread has been sorely missed.
    Thanks for posting the links.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Gee Whiz Sparky The Clown your input on this thread has been sorely missed.
    Thanks for posting the links.
    Agree Perc..

Noted also that Sparky is not throwing himself into all and every postings ..

Way to go Sparky.. :-))

Pace your self..

We missed you..

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    I meant pgw sold down their stake at a discount to the prevailing price. They had a 3% stake in HNZ. I can't find any evidence of the selldown, but pretty sure it happened around aug-sept 2013.
    Ah yes, that $11m holding of HNZ shares owned by PGW was so small in the grand scheme of HNZ I had forgotten about it, in the context of your 'massive overhang' comment! But yes given the relatively low liquidity of HNZ I guess it was still significant!

SNOOPY

Quote Originally Posted by bonne vie View Post
    Disc - I inherited shares via PGC, .............
    Maybe this the overhang noodles talking about

On the doghouse

Default The Heartland Story So Far

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Maybe this the overhang noodles talking about
    I think noodles clarified his specific overhang of concern. But you are right Winner. If you look back far enough, there are more overhangs to consider.

Pyne Gould Corporation (PGC) used to control their rural arm Pyne Gould Guinness. Pyne Gould Guinness merged with Wrightsons to form PGG Wrightson, and the controlling 50% stake dropped to about 25%. Then Alan Lai and Agria came on board in two stages, leaving what was a strategic controlling stake in PGG to become an overhang of 12.5% in the new combined PGW. Except it wasn't an overhang because PGC were going to morph into a rural investment entity with the PGW stake just being the opening gambit. Until plans changed and George Kerr decided that investing in motorway service stops in the UK offered steadier future cashflows. The NZ currency appreciation and cessation of dividends from the UK then put paid to Kerr's UK expansion.

While this was happening the GFC came along and put the skids under PGC's Marac and other financial deals involving property. So the banks demanded PGC recapitalise, and the 'good bit' became Heartland. But then Heartland decided their difficult loans would be better handled in house after all, so bought those back off PGC. Somewhere in all that recapitalisation PGC had to sell both of their remaining stakes in HNZ and PGW at rock bottom prices. Meanwhile during the formation of Heartland, PGW wanted out of their "in house" finance division, but in a completely unrelated transaction (insert Tui billboard here) decided to pick up a small 3% share of HNZ who bought it, just to make sure they really did have enough money to operate properly. It was this 'significant' PGW stake in HNZ that was most recently sold off.

None of the entities mentioned so far have been flush of cash since the GFC. From my perspective there was a lot of passing the cash parcel around to get PGW, PGC, HNZ and Agria through their worst times. When companies go through these kind of restructurings, I don't know how those who come in late do for clarity. In some ways these situations might have been better resolved if a new company division had been set up specifically to rip small shareholders off. That would at least have put everything out in the open.

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 29-12-2013 at 07:08 PM.