sharetrader
Page 276 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 1762262662722732742752762772782792802863263767761276 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,760 of 17397
    percy

I think we all would agree with you,yet govts in USA and UK say people doing this and remaining in their own home is the best thing for them.
    I would not borrow money to buy a car.
    Yet people are wanting to borrow money for cars,houses,farm,stock,school fees,medical expenses,boats ,planes and much more.
    It is freedom of choice whether someone wants to stay in their own home or not.Sentinel are supplying a service to those who want it.They make sure the person wanting the loan get their own legal advice. Why is the demand there?
    I think people having a "trusted bank" in Heartland owning Sentinel will give people more comfort/security in this product.
    I suppose far too many New Zealanders have all their wealth/capital tied up in their home,so I expect Sentinel will grow very quickly with our ageing population.
    Last edited by percy; 24-02-2014 at 05:17 PM.

Guru

Kiwigold - Agree but if people want them fine.

A much better way to do (in a one kid family) would be to gift house to kid. They then get loan taking advantage of lower interest rates and fees (maybe even a free tv) on the presumption they have a job to service. Their inheritance will be more. You should be able to structure better but you get the point.

percy

Result out.
    Net profit $16.7mil.
    EPS 4.5 cents.
    NTA.89cents
    Dividend 2.5cents [you were right Paper Tiger]
    Equity Ratio 15.3%
    Non core property down to $99.2 mil and projected to be $67.5mil at 30/6/2014.
    All boxes ticked.Well done Heartland,and new acquisition is both substantial and exciting, being focused on NZ's ageing property owning population.
    We shareholders remain "well positioned."!!!!! [sorry Paper Tiger]
    Last edited by percy; 26-02-2014 at 07:27 AM. Reason: corrected eps and nta

We might be "well positioned" in a number of shares. However I would like to move to "reaped big rewards" at some stage before I retire from these well positioned shares
    Good result and look forward to the full year result.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    Kiwigold - Agree but if people want them fine. A much better way to do (in a one kid family) would be to gift house to kid. They then get loan taking advantage of lower interest rates and fees (maybe even a free tv) on the presumption they have a job to service. Their inheritance will be more. You should be able to structure better but you get the point.
    Not everyone has offspring of course, or even rellies they like. Some offspring are not willing or able to be involved. And there might be rather a lot of older folk whose aim in life is for the cheque to the undertaker to bounce. And good for them! (OK, not so good for the undertaker.)

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Result out.
    Net profit $16.7mil.
    EPS 4 cents.
    NTA.88cents
    Equity Ratio 15.3%
    All boxes ticked.Well done Heartland,and new acquisition is both substantial and exciting, being focused on NZ's ageing property owning population.
    minor correction:
    EPS 4.3cents
    NTA 89cents
    cheers

Dilettante

Result out.
    Net profit $16.7mil.
    EPS 4 cents.
    NTA.88cents
    Equity Ratio 15.3%
    Yes a steady and healthy result Percy. NTA 89c according to report. Very pleasing to see the benefit of becoming a Bank clearly coming through in this report with a big reduction in cost of funds.
    Non core property being worked on nicely and also exiting some lower margin and higher risk rural lending from the PGW loanbook.
    But we are seeing increased competition in the business and rural sectors which they have to deal with, but they seem to be trying to stay away from direct competition with the big banks and focus more on livestock lending in the rural sector.
    Motor vehicles showing a healthy increase while they continue to reduce the home mortgage book with more than 50% of the re-financing moving to Kiwibank where we clip the ticket.

So a pleasing steady as she goes result with a nice little divie. We are well positioned indeed.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    We might be "well positioned" in a number of shares. However I would like to move to "reaped big rewards" at some stage before I retire from these well positioned shares
    Good result and look forward to the full year result.
    Just loved your post.!!! lol.

Banned

I don't hold these but have looked into Sentinel reverse mortgages as a future option and if you want to use your money rather than leaving it to others who don't need the money then why not? At least you get to enjoy the fruit of your labor whilst still alive Disc-Held Marac bonds previously

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Red face A few of my recent predictions were wrong which I am happy about

Result out.
    Net profit $16.7mil.
    EPS 4 cents.
    NTA.88cents
    Equity Ratio 15.3%
    NTA is at least 1.5cps higher than I calculated recently, lose one point.
    I actually said that this dividend would be 2cps -lose another point.

The accounts are actually a little better than I expected at first glance.

A quick look at the disclosure statement shows that the banks tier capital ratios are 14.69% at Dec13, for those of us who like to worry about such things.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum