sharetrader
Page 284 of 1722 FirstFirst ... 1842342742802812822832842852862872882943343847841284 ... LastLast
Results 2,831 to 2,840 of 17213
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by kizame View Post
    I'm sure someone can answer this for me,How am I able to claim my imputation credits?
    they used to be paid out automatically,this last divie was worth $900+in credits.
    Thanks in advance.
    The amount you get paid into your bank account is correct for any 33c/$ tax payer. If your tax rate is less then you need to file an annual tax return to get a refund of any extra tax deduction or imputation credit. As winner says this payment is in the next tax year.

May be you should look site the IRD site and learn about them treatment of these credits and other tax obligations.

Tax 101 should be taught at school.

Off my soap box.

Banned

Imputation credits reduce your tax liability and therefore tax payable whether you are a IR3 filer or employed on PAYE,claim them in the applicable year on your IR3 or by phoning ird after getting your personal tax summary and they will make the adjustment for you,the only time they are not worth claiming is for PIE type investments which are taxed at 28% and you happen to be on the 33% rate
    Last edited by couta1; 10-03-2014 at 10:03 PM.

Thanks cout1, 777, winner,I better go check and get schooled up.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Imputation credits reduce your gross income and therefore tax payable whether you are a IR3 filer or employed on PAYE,claim them in the applicable year on your IR3 or by phoning ird after getting your personal tax summary and they will make the adjustment for you,the only time they are not worth claiming is for PIE type investments which are taxed at 28% and you happen to be on the 33% rate
    slightly wrong. They don't reduce your gross income. They are a tax credit, like RWT, that reduces you tax liability.

They are non- refundable, but to the extent you have other refundable tax credits, like RWT or PAYE, this is not an issue as that will get refunded. This can be an issue if you invest through a company structure etc which has no other income, but does have expenses.

Banned

Have amended first sentence in post #3179 above HS,cheers

I have a couple questions about how paying for the SPP works. It'd be great if anyone knows the answer.

If you're buying the shares using direct debit, when is the money withdrawn from the account?
    Is it the allotment date (25 Mar) or earlier, when the deadline closes (18 Mar)?

Also, if you apply for $15k, do they take the full amount, then return the rest if there's scaling? Or do they just take exactly however much it is?

I had a look thru the SPP pdf, but it didn't seem to say.

Thanks

Guru

Direct debit - dont know but I assume they will take the cash as they process the form so expect it to be once applied for. Make sure you have the cash as if the transaction gets declined, so will your application.
    The shares wont be allotted to the allotment date. The time between the deadline and that date is for them to count the cash and do the admin.
    They take the full amount, and refund any oversubscription.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Talking I am not overweight - yet

Today (Tuesday 18th Mar) at 5 pm NZ is the deadline for Link to have your application for the SPP.
    You can fax or email if you have not posted it off.

Hopefully not too many of you have applied for many shares.

Little bit of price weakness at the moment, though not enough to take the SPP buy price below $0.855 - presumably a bit of arbitrage going on.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Last edited by Snow Leopard; 18-03-2014 at 12:02 AM. Reason: timezone confusion !
    om mani peme hum

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by turmeric View Post
    I've been very slack on this one, so need some help. I've recently had an operation, am laid up in bed, have access to phone and internet but not fax or the ability to scan and email. Is there anyway I can get my application into HNZ in time?

If so great, if not, not too worried. The SP differential between current SP and $0.855 used to be significant (i.e. 7% when the SP was at 91c) but now it's only 2% at most, so it won't be a disaster if I miss out.
    The form says you can scan and email. If your phone has a camera, take photos of the application and attach to an email. ( A scan is a photo anyway). Make sure you write in your contact details so that Link can say if it is acceptable or not.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 18-03-2014 at 08:07 AM.

Guru

Hope it works. I had filled in my application a long time ago and put the envelope to one side waiting for closer to the deadline to post it.....only to forget about it! So I had to do a quick scan and email yesterday!