sharetrader
Page 287 of 840 FirstFirst ... 187237277283284285286287288289290291297337387787 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,305 of 12600
  1. #4291
    An Awesome Cool Cat winner69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    24,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Go and buy yourself your favourite lunch and sit by the beach, pat yourself on the back and enjoy being right. I'll be with you in spirit
    Rome wasn't built in a day but these guys are sure laying some great foundations for a very bright future.
    Over 30 on the beach is far too hot for oysters and chips

    Need to find a bench under the trees in a cooling sea breeze

    I know such a place ...on my way

  2. #4292
    An Awesome Cool Cat winner69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    24,206

    Default

    Changed tack .....too hot for walk to beach so made myself a couple ham and avocado sandwiches and will go up the gully to see how the rata are doing.

    Cooler among the trees
    Last edited by winner69; 28-01-2015 at 10:57 AM.

  3. #4293
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Kerikeri
    Posts
    1,114

    Default

    And to think I might never have bought any if it hadn't been for my PGC holding ( that I lost my shirt on when I abandoned them a few months ago). Many many thanks Percy and all the other contributors who persuaded me to stay the course.
    My biggest NZ holding by some distance....and my third biggest gain after MELCA and SML.

  4. #4294
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    275

    Default

    Stoked I topped up a couple of weeks back. My biggest holding next to AirNZ. Be interesting to see where SP stands end of this year!

  5. #4295
    ShareTrader Legend Beagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    13,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Stoked I topped up a couple of weeks back. My biggest holding next to AirNZ. Be interesting to see where SP stands end of this year!
    Also be interesting to see which one outperforms the other. You're aiming for the same winning quinella as me

    W69 - I topped you lunch effort mate with gourmet filled rolls from my local café, eaten under a shady tree by the beach as I watched my AIR planes landing at Auckland airport in the distance.

  6. #4296
    An Awesome Cool Cat winner69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    24,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Also be interesting to see which one outperforms the other. You're aiming for the same winning quinella as me

    W69 - I topped you lunch effort mate with gourmet filled rolls from my local café, eaten under a shady tree by the beach as I watched my AIR planes landing at Auckland airport in the distance.
    Mine was more than gourmet cafe rolls

    Freshly baked wholegrain bread, thick slices of ham, avocado slices, slice of havarti (would have preferred gruyere but none in the fridge), the mandatory lettuce leaf from the garden, topped with winners yummy home made mayo with a dash of mustard thrown in. Beat that

    Lay under the rata. Can see your aeroplanes taking off from there as well. Very pleasant

    Percy, the rata are thriving even though been very dry this summer. Percy rata doing better than Snoppy rata but both going great guns ....a bit like HNZ v PGW

  7. #4297
    ShareTrader Legend Beagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    13,364

    Default

    I think you might have just piped me there mate. I suggest we appoint you to the board of HNZ so you can help make the sandwiches at the next ASM

  8. #4298
    percy
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    christchurch
    Posts
    13,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Mine was more than gourmet cafe rolls

    Freshly baked wholegrain bread, thick slices of ham, avocado slices, slice of havarti (would have preferred gruyere but none in the fridge), the mandatory lettuce leaf from the garden, topped with winners yummy home made mayo with a dash of mustard thrown in. Beat that

    Lay under the rata. Can see your aeroplanes taking off from there as well. Very pleasant

    Percy, the rata are thriving even though been very dry this summer. Percy rata doing better than Snoppy rata but both going great guns ....a bit like HNZ v PGW
    Lunch sounds good to me at either your place or Roger's.
    Thought the Snoopy Rata may be doing better, since Snoopy is now used to being under water more than me.Think ARI on ASX. lol.Good news though.And thank you for planting them.
    Was not that long ago every one thought we were mad thinking HNZ would get to $1.25.
    And what do we think of the future?
    "More runs on the board" is now being rewarded, and reflected in the Heartland share price.
    We are "well positioned."!!! lol.
    Last edited by percy; 28-01-2015 at 04:42 PM.

  9. #4299
    ShareTrader Legend Beagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    13,364

    Default

    Yes indeed we are mate. I polished up my abacus when I got back from the beach and I'm seeing circa low to mid $60m range for 2016 about 13-14 cps.

    When the market wakes up to the rate this company is growing at and realises net interest margin is nearly double that of the Aussie banks we might see a more appropriate multiple applied...suggest 13-14...so $1.70 - $2.00 not out of the question by early 2016 Very happy to stay on this train and enjoy the ride, toot toot !!
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-01-2015 at 04:56 PM.

  10. #4300
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    1,357

    Default

    A great and unexpected result for me. Here is some more. Sounds like HER is flat. Other areas strong.
    http://podcast.radionz.co.nz/busines...ecasts-048.mp3
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

  11. #4301
    An Awesome Cool Cat winner69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    24,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I think you might have just piped me there mate. I suggest we appoint you to the board of HNZ so you can help make the sandwiches at the next ASM
    Austerity should prevail at the ASM

    Got a few more avocado to get through, there's some baby book choy in the garden. Might mix with some soba noodles and sesame seeds and a chilli dressing to have a decent salad in the lunchbox tomorrow. Was a recipe in the paper the other day.

    See what you local cafe can come up with to beat that.

  12. #4302
    Membaa
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    2,757

    Default

    Can we all just keep this quiet, and the analysts asleep, for just a wee while longer, please, not all of us are fully loaded yet. Close, but not fully. Thanks all for bringing this to our attention, it makes all the cock-a-hoop back-slapping self-congratulations so much more bearable. LOL.


    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Suppose analysts might need to update their spreadsheets now ......the pressure on them not to get too excited has to be relaxed.

    Even the likes of Forbar can't come out with anything less than target.

    But then again expect a SELL or at best HOLD - in view of the sudden appreciation in the share price we believe the price has got ahead of itself.

  13. #4303
    percy
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    christchurch
    Posts
    13,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Can we all just keep this quiet, and the analysts asleep, for just a wee while longer, please, not all of us are fully loaded yet. Close, but not fully. Thanks all for bringing this to our attention, it makes all the cock-a-hoop back-slapping self-congratulations so much more bearable. LOL.
    Don't worry young Basil,great uncle Percy Baa Baa is loaded to the gunnels.!

  14. #4304
    Membaa
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    2,757

    Default

    Loving it 'uncle',


    though could we clear something up, my youth is a distant memory. I aint no young'un ... well, maybe that's just perspective, if you're already retired, I'm younger, or in a rest home, I'm young.


    As you're a long lost uncle, I'll flick you an invite to the family reunion where we all wear sheep heads, full body woolen cloaks, make up new sheep jokes and baaaaa endlessly about our sharepicking prowess? You in?


    (that's a joke by the way. Promise, we don't actually wear sheep heads.)

    Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Don't worry young Basil,great uncle Percy Baa Baa is loaded to the gunnels.!

  15. #4305
    percy
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    christchurch
    Posts
    13,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Loving it 'uncle',


    though could we clear something up, my youth is a distant memory. I aint no young'un ... well, maybe that's just perspective, if you're already retired, I'm younger, or in a rest home, I'm young.


    As you're a long lost uncle, I'll flick you an invite to the family reunion where we all wear sheep heads, full body woolen cloaks, make up new sheep jokes and baaaaa endlessly about our sharepicking prowess? You in?


    (that's a joke by the way. Promise, we don't actually wear sheep heads.)
    Glad you took it is the way it was meant...!!
    As you would expect a great uncle to be, I am a pensioner,but with daughters and grand children I have put off my retirement from selling books to school libraries,for another 35 years,or death which ever comes first.!!
    Trust I remembered your first name Basil,as my memory is not what it used to be.
    May just past up on the family reunion,but thanks anyway.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •