sharetrader
Page 29 of 1745 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339791295291029 ... LastLast
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    The objective of this exercise is to try and get you to think for yourself Percy. Ringing the company will only get you the answer that they want you to hear. In its simplest terms 'Equity Ratio' is only one number divided by another. Your challenge (or anyone else who takes it up) is to go to the last released interim report and calculate it.

Because the date of that report is 31st December 2011 not 14th March 2012 it is unlikely to be 13.5% though, even if that figure is likely tpo be 'ballpark correct'.
    SNOOPY
    Should the Reserve Bank be happy to accept given equity ratio so am I."ballpark correct."Happy to accept that too.
    PS Trackers enjoyed your beer.

Advanced Member

Belgarion and myself are just about the only ones to have HNZ in their picks for the competition..

Percy.. I can not see me waiting for 3/4 years for a .. HUGE return.. ( which will come IMO ).

I.. Like i think Belgarion .. Have been accummullating.. ( sp )..

Price has gone up.. Good percentage made.. Time to sell..

My thoughts .. not Belgarions..

percy

Quote Originally Posted by janner View Post
    Belgarion and myself are just about the only ones to have HNZ in their picks for the competition..

Percy.. I can not see me waiting for 3/4 years for a .. HUGE return.. ( which will come IMO ).

I.. Like i think Belgarion .. Have been accummullating.. ( sp )..

Price has gone up.. Good percentage made.. Time to sell..

My thoughts .. not Belgarions..
    I was recently alerted by a friend that HNZ was looking good on charts,and only needed volume to confirm this.I viewed charts of HNZ and added to my wife's and my own holding on 10/4/12 at 49cents.The recent SP run has confirmed the break out.Positve news from the company has also helped.Time to sell? I don't know,however I would warn against selling a share in an up trend.
    Last edited by percy; 20-04-2012 at 07:52 AM.

Balance said;

"Anyone else picked up on rumor that an overseas bank is looking to JV with HNZ? "

It shouldnt be an Aussie European or American bank as thay are capital constrained.

The most likely source of a joint venture, if it exists, is someone recycling petrodollars or the Chinese seeking to convert the value of their US Treasuries before Zimbabwe Ben Bernanke prints them into oblivion.

Boop boop de do

Marilyn

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    Balance said;

"Anyone else picked up on rumor that an overseas bank is looking to JV with HNZ? "

It shouldnt be an Aussie European or American bank as thay are capital constrained.

The most likely source of a joint venture, if it exists, is someone recycling petrodollars or the Chinese seeking to convert the value of their US Treasuries before Zimbabwe Ben Bernanke prints them into oblivion.

Boop boop de do

Marilyn
    I'm thinking Kiwi Bank, maybe?
    From what I read they seem to be on a growth drive ?
    If HNZ parntner up with an existing bank then I assume they wont need a banking licence.
    Great day in Palmy Nth

I've heard the Union Bank of Israel and the Bank of Jerusalem could be involved. Something to do with laundering money the Saudis are putting up for the Israelis to cut off the head of the snake, Iran. The whisper is that the Isaelis called on Ben Shalom Bernanke for suggestions, and have gone along with a NZ bank only reluctantly, as NZ has been difficult over their spies.

Under Surveillance are you one of those splitists and counter-revolutionaries from the Judea Peoples Front?

Only us members of the Peoples Front of Judea are in the vanguard of the struggle for Judean freedom.

All together now;

Free Galilee, free Galilee, free Galilee!

Boop boop de do

Marilyn

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Anyone else picked up on rumor that an overseas bank is looking to JV with HNZ?
    From p2 of the Heartland HY2012 Interim Report.

"Our intention is to become the only fully New Zealand operated, controlled and managed banking group listed on the New Zealand Stock Exchange. All funding is derived locally and is also on-lent locally
    providing support to New Zealand households, small-to-medium sized businesses and farms that form the backbone of the country 's economy."

Can anyone explain how a link up with an overseas bank will help fulfill
    this vision?

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 19-05-2012 at 03:55 PM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    In the announcement dated 14/3/12 they state HNZ's equity ratio is 13.5% compared with regulatory requirement 9.58% so they have room to grow their book.
    According to 'investorwords' (www.investorwords.com) the equity ratio is defined as:

=(Total Equity)/(Total Assets)

Using numbers from the Heartland HY2012 report dated 31-12-2012, page 11

= $360.2m/$2380.5m = 15.1%

The declaration by Heartland on 14/03/2012 of an equity ratio of 13.5% represents a significant deterioration in this statistic. This has to be a worry as if the deterioration keeps up like this hopes of becoming bank will be extinguished in about 18 months. Shareholders would need to budget for a substantial capital raising before then. No warning bells ringing yet Percy?

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 20-04-2012 at 02:05 PM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

The closest I get to Judean freedom is the desire never again to hear Hey Jude (you'll remember the Beatles, and might even have given one or two of them a Ticket To Ride?).