sharetrader
Page 292 of 1736 FirstFirst ... 1922422822882892902912922932942952963023423927921292 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,920 of 17359
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    Percy you are making up stories the tooth fairy is alive and has plenty of reserve funds as she has been in kiwisaver for many years and bought XRO at $1.
    She visited my house last night and left $5 for one tooth.
    Fantastic news.!!
    Born again Tooth Fairy!!!
    Last edited by percy; 04-04-2014 at 09:03 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    I have friends in the receivership business and they tell me that it is ACC that force alot of companies into recievership.
    Receivership and liquidations are different - I think it would be unlikely ACC would appoint a receiver, more likely file for a liquidation - it is normally the securred creditors that call for a receivership. IRD would by far seek to liquidate the most companies in NZ, in part because they have a team to do it, even if the balance is reasonably small. Your average M&D business will just write of the debt as the court costs etc normally outweight the benefit, especeilly since the liquidated company normally has no funds left after the secured creditors are paid (including the owners family trust).

not so sure about reverse mortgages but i think annuities are going to be big.....kiwi saver accounts are getting bigger and the government set up kiwi saver to ease the governments cost of retirements...at this stage its costing them..ie $1000..kick start etc....so at some stage your kiwi saver accounts are going to fund your own retirement...it amazes me when people write in and say my kiwi account will have $100,000 when i get to 65 so will go on oversees trip and blow the lot then i,ll go on government super...sorry aint gonna happen...you will have to buy an annuity.....even the financial advisers wont admit this cos their not going to rock the boat in case they upset the gravy train

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Default Annuities ? Scary Stuff !

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy415 View Post
    not so sure about reverse mortgages but i think annuities are going to be big.....kiwi saver accounts are getting bigger and the government set up kiwi saver to ease the governments cost of retirements...at this stage its costing them..ie $1000..kick start etc....so at some stage your kiwi saver accounts are going to fund your own retirement...it amazes me when people write in and say my kiwi account will have $100,000 when i get to 65 so will go on oversees trip and blow the lot then i,ll go on government super...sorry aint gonna happen...you will have to buy an annuity.....even the financial advisers wont admit this cos their not going to rock the boat in case they upset the gravy train
    I agree that it won't take much in the way of "Jim blew his kiwisaver money" stories for the pressure to come on "to protect Kiwi savers from themselves".

Scary.

However I note that the Brits have just dumped the "compulsory annuity" aspect of their super scheme after an ongoing outcry about the amount being made by the provider in relation to the amount paid to the beneficiaries.

Quote Originally Posted by GTM 3442 View Post
    I agree that it won't take much in the way of "Jim blew his kiwisaver money" stories for the pressure to come on "to protect Kiwi savers from themselves".

Scary.

However I note that the Brits have just dumped the "compulsory annuity" aspect of their super scheme after an ongoing outcry about the amount being made by the provider in relation to the amount paid to the beneficiaries.
    interesting about the britz....must admit am not sure when and how which government will tie up everyones kiwi saver......it will become compulsory first with no opt out option.... but it wont be a popular decision...could possibly loose them the election unless they do it in first term of new parliament

Default SPP Refunds

Well I would have expected my SPP refund by now. Has anybody else received theirs?
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

Default Broker Earnings Upgrade for FY15

I note that there has been a earnings upgrade from an analyst. See http://www.reuters.com/finance/stock...?symbol=HNZ.NZ

FY15 earning per share now 9.9c for one broker.

Has anybody seen the report? Anything interesting to note? Was it due to the acquisition or other factors. Also interested what the broker forecasted for FY14 (NPAT)?
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    Well I would have expected my SPP refund by now. Has anybody else received theirs?
    I received mine on 25 March !

I note that there has been a earnings upgrade from an analyst. See http://www.reuters.com/finance/stock...?symbol=HNZ.NZ

FY15 earning per share now 9.9c for one broker.

Has anybody seen the report? Anything interesting to note? Was it due to the acquisition or other factors. Also interested what the broker forecasted for FY14 (NPAT)?
    That Reuters thing says been a DOWNGRADE for 2014over the last week

Consensus Jun14 now 8.80 .... week ago 8.9 and 2 months ago 9.03

Also June 15 at 9.27 is less than the 9.50 2 months ago

Growth figures pretty abysmal - not the usual analyst bullishness

Guru

Yip - are you expecting a cheque as payments into an account were last week(?).