sharetrader
Page 294 of 1733 FirstFirst ... 1942442842902912922932942952962972983043443947941294 ... LastLast
Results 2,931 to 2,940 of 17323

New vehicle sales accelerate
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...les-accelerate

Good news for our HNZ holders

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Master98 View Post
    New vehicle sales accelerate
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...les-accelerate

Good news for our HNZ holders
    Thanks for the link.
    I read an article the other day that stated sheep and beef farmers will enjoy a record year,with profits expected to jump 35% [$113,000 per farm].This should be good for HNZ's rural lending .
    I think HNZ's purchase of Sentinel will add weight and respectability to the reverse mortgage sector.
    Can't help feeling we are well positioned. !! lol,.
    Last edited by percy; 03-05-2014 at 07:37 AM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Thanks for the link.
    I read an article the other day that stated sheep and beef farmers will enjoy a record year,with profits expected to jump 35% [$113,000 per farm].This should be good for HNZ's rural lending .
    I think HNZ's purchase of Sentinel will add weight and respectability to the reverse mortgage sector.
    Can't help feeling we are well positioned. !! lol,.
    Belg post 3307..

percy post 3312..

Agree..

Default Is JK a HNZ shareholder?

Checkout John Key's response to council high rates for the retired. He suggests reverse mortgages are a good idea. Move over Oravida, could Heartland be the next big national donor? Or maybe he has been reading some of Percy's posts on this thread and decided HNZ was a good place for his millions

Of course, he is dead right. Just not for my parents

http://www.nbr.co.nz/ask-the-pm
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

percy

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    Checkout John Key's response to council high rates for the retired. He suggests reverse mortgages are a good idea. Move over Oravida, could Heartland be the next big national donor? Or maybe he has been reading some of Percy's posts on this thread and decided HNZ was a good place for his millions

Of course, he is dead right. Just not for my parents

http://www.nbr.co.nz/ask-the-pm
    Absolutely great news to have "our leader" as the new chief Heartland ramper.!!!! And having so many wonderful photos taken showing him wearing his new "Skellerup" gum boots, means he with retain his natural affinity to Heartland New Zealand.!!!
    It is a moments like this I feel it is time to replay Freddie Mercury's "I want it all."
    We are quickly moving from "well positioned" to "poised."

On another topic, the Adelaide and Bendigo Bank has paid $1.8 billion for the Rural Finance Corporation from the Victorian State Govt. I can't help but think that Heartland Bank could be a takeover target at some stage. One of the big four banks looking for access to a niche market? Or perhaps Rabobank expanding its rural interests. Even a bank like SBS Bank expanding. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrage View Post
    I can't help but think that Heartland Bank could be a takeover target at some stage. One of the big four banks looking for access to a niche market? Or perhaps Rabobank expanding its rural interests. Even a bank like SBS Bank expanding. Any thoughts?
    Maybe one of the big Aussie Banks, like Trust Bank got swallowed by Westpac.

I don't think that Heartland has anything that Rabobank would want. Rabobank is interested in rural lending not running a retail banking network. I am under the impression that Heartlands rural book is nothing special.

SBS is a mutual so any take-over offer would have to be all cash, thus unlikely.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn

Who's the major holder willing to keep offloading at these levels?

Seems incredible that it's traded in such a narrow range for the better part of 12 months (apart from the brief jump over 90c).

Quote Originally Posted by Longhaul View Post

Seems incredible that it's traded in such a narrow range for the better part of 12 months (apart from the brief jump over 90c).
    Is the "overhang" that snoopy mentioned still holding the shareprice back?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Longhaul View Post

Appears to be two major sellers.I believe Carter has reduced his holding from 18.5mil shares to about 12.5mil shares,while George Gould has sold about 2mil shares.
    Tomlinson has been adding to his holding.