sharetrader
Page 295 of 1736 FirstFirst ... 1952452852912922932942952962972982993053453957951295 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,950 of 17357

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Appears to be two major sellers.I believe Carter has reduced his holding from 18.5mil shares to about 12.5mil shares,while George Gould has sold about 2mil shares. Tomlinson has been adding to his holding.
    Thanks percy. When do you think we'll get any indication how the home equity release business is going? In September?

"New Zealand's rural lending, which more than doubled to an all-time high of $50.6 billion in the past decade on dairy farm expansion, may slow as farmers use record milk payouts to reduce debt, spurred on by rising interest rates."
    - Full article here: http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/nz-rura...sion-bd-155757

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Longhaul View Post
    Thanks percy. When do you think we'll get any indication how the home equity release business is going? In September?
    Last year on 5th June Heartland's announcement was "Forecast",so maybe we will get another update about the same time this year.
    My very un official ear to the ground tells me the reverse mortgages have grown in respectability with Heartland's backing,so this will certainly give Heartland an area for excellent organic growth.Car sales are at record highs,farm incomes increasing [go to PGW thread for link showing lamb and beef farmers' hugh profit increases of about $113,000 per farm],and lower unemployment,should all work in Heartland's favour.It should be noted Australian Banks' NZ divisions are recording record profits.
    I also believe Forbar research dated 3rd April projected 6.5 cents per share dividend for 2014, and 8 cents per share for 2015.
    Last edited by percy; 07-05-2014 at 08:01 AM.

just saw Heartland TV ads on Prime TV 5:30 news for their reverse home loan

Quote Originally Posted by Master98 View Post
    just saw Heartland TV ads on Prime TV 5:30 news for their reverse home loan
    "Every quarter is now a record quarter' seems a common theme

Hnz in this category?

Some numbers around all banks

http://www.kpmg.com/NZ/en/IssuesAndI...er-2013-v2.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Excellent thanks winner69. Am I reading this right? HNZ's net interest margin is 4.61% for the quarter, compared to the average of 2.27%?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Longhaul View Post
    Excellent thanks winner69. Am I reading this right? HNZ's net interest margin is 4.61% for the quarter, compared to the average of 2.27%?
    Looks like it, and they achieved that with the second highest capital adequacy ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    Looks like it, and they achieved that with the second highest capital adequacy ratio.
    bear in mind the type of assets they carry are not the same as 'mainstream', they are still morphing from finance company style assets which carry very high margins.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    bear in mind the type of assets they carry are not the same as 'mainstream', they are still morphing from finance company style assets which carry very high margins.
    Yeah I guess it isn't necessarily a good thing if it is poor quality lending.

It will be very interesting to see how fast they can grow the loan book with the new reverse mortgages given that it has stalled compared to other banks.

percy

Thanks for the link Winner69.
    Reads very well for Heartland.
    With all of Moosie 900's signals firing up,that is MACD,Bollinger Bands,Stochastic,you could say all the ducks are lined up for Heartland,which is appropriate considering it is the start of the duck season.Just hope Heartland keep flying high out of shooters' range.