sharetrader
Page 296 of 1721 FirstFirst ... 1962462862922932942952962972982993003063463967961296 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,960 of 17210

Quote Originally Posted by Longhaul View Post
    It will be very interesting to see how fast they can grow the loan book with the new reverse mortgages given that it has stalled compared to other banks.
    The company has purposely exited residential mortgages as it was hard to compete with the big banks. This is the reason for the lack of loan growth.
    Last edited by noodles; 07-05-2014 at 08:28 PM.
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

Quote Originally Posted by Longhaul View Post
    Yeah I guess it isn't necessarily a good thing if it is poor quality lending.

It will be very interesting to see how fast they can grow the loan book with the new reverse mortgages given that it has stalled compared to other banks.
    percy would call it 'well secured, higher risk' assets, rather than poor quality, and so would I.

Growth does seem elusive in their traditional markets, but growth is very hard to achieve in high turnover assets, like cars, so standing still is possibly a good effort

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    percy would call it 'well secured, higher risk' assets, rather than poor quality, and so would I.

Growth does seem elusive in their traditional markets, but growth is very hard to achieve in high turnover assets, like cars, so standing still is possibly a good effort
    Sorry poor choice of words. Just implying the the risk/return trade off on different types of loans. Thanks for the insight into high turnover assets.

I dipped my toe in the water with this one yesterday and PGW. Its hard to find growth stories on reasonable price earnings ratio's and I think over the years this stock will reward with solid growth and a good divvy yeild. We are well positioned

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I dipped my toe in the water with this one yesterday and PGW. Its hard to find growth stories on reasonable price earnings ratio's and I think over the years this stock will reward with solid growth and a good divvy yeild. We are well positioned
    Been waiting for you.
    The train is now ready to leave the station.Toot!!! Toot.!!! lol.
    Yes I agree with you value is difficult to find.Yet once found you can enjoy the ride in comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Been waiting for you.
    The train is now ready to leave the station.Toot!!! Toot.!!! lol.
    Yes I agree with you value is difficult to find.Yet once found you can enjoy the ride in comfort.
    Mate I really just bought these and PGW so I can get on the piss with you after their AGM's LOL

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Mate I really just bought these and PGW so I can get on the piss with you after their AGM's LOL
    I will gladly transport you,Forest and hopefully Iceman to and from the airport to HNZ's agm.Look forward to it.
    I have never [yet] been to a PGW agm, as it is usually on at the same time as EBO's.However should they not conflict I will be at that one too.

Thanks mate, I'm looking forward too it

Dilettante

Welcome aboard Roger. This one has been a great ride for me, which I have little doubt will continue for a long time yet.
    I will most certainly be at the AGM Percy as long as I'll be in the country at the time. Have been reading the book you recommended. Great reading. Many thanks.

Just out of curiosity, when & where is the next AGM? I can only see last-years one.

PS: Decided to increase my holding today.