sharetrader
Page 321 of 1749 FirstFirst ... 2212713113173183193203213223233243253313714218211321 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,210 of 17482
    Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I can't help wondering what HNZ are doing lending money to a "fashion" business without adequate security...
    Too true Roger. This women's clothing store has been in business since 2000 so I'd be interested to see which entity advanced the loan and when !
    Suspect this is something HNZ has adopted rather advanced themselves. Or like w69 puts it,part of the legacy loans "that will sink HNZ" !!!

percy

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    Most probably.
    Yeah right,.!!!!!! lol.

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    Most probably.
    Well lets look at the figures.... the 2mill will probably be the equivalent of about 1.7% of Heartlands profit? In other words: "oh damn, I need to take the car into the mechanics".

percy

Quote Originally Posted by vorno View Post
    Well lets look at the figures.... the 2mill will probably be the equivalent of about 1.7% of Heartlands profit? In other words: "oh damn, I need to take the car into the mechanics".
    Well without knowing what security Heartland hold I can not guess if,or how much they may have to right off!!
    Your point is off course correct,"oh damn" !!!

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Talking I so wish you were right

Quote Originally Posted by vorno View Post
    If 2m was 1.7% of HNZ profit then we would be looking at a profit figure of $118M

But the guidance is $34M to $37M .

Depending when it became clear that this Catherine's Fashionwear was in trouble and how things have progressed will depend on how much impairment they have added to the accounts for it quarter by quarter.

From the Bank disclosure statements we can see these figures for impairment

Quarter Business Total
    1 $1M4 $1M7
    2 $2M8 $3M3
    3 $3M5 $4M8

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Hi PT, my guess is that HNZ had already provided for this in their half yearly accounts to Dec 2013. So it will NOT adversely affect the P&L. The receivers were appointed in July 2013 and it seems that HNZ is the one putting them into receivership.
    http://www.business.govt.nz/companie...D8%26limit%3D1

The insolvencies reports are here too http://www.business.govt.nz/companie...tart=0&limit=1.

Percy, still a 50/50 chance for free beer. It should not affect the SP as far as Insto or big investors are concern as there should be no further effect on P&L.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Bear View Post
    Hi PT, my guess is that HNZ had already provided for this in their half yearly accounts to Dec 2013. So it will NOT adversely affect the P&L. The receivers were appointed in July 2013 and it seems that HNZ is the one putting them into receivership.
    http://www.business.govt.nz/companie...D8%26limit%3D1

The insolvencies reports are here too http://www.business.govt.nz/companie...tart=0&limit=1.

Percy, still a 50/50 chance for free beer. It should not affect the SP as far as Insto or big investors are concern as there should be no further effect on P&L.
    I do have concerns that you may be a very thirsty Bear by the 9th of July.
    Do you "Cool Bears" sort of soak up liquids before you hibernate??

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    As the woman has been broke before I doubt she has left any "assets" for creditors.
    I can only hope Heartland had good personnel assets, and guarantees in place..I would have thought Heartland would have required more security than a fashion retailer's business assets.Well,I hope so.! When I had a retail business I had to put my house up for "extra" security.
    Part of the business risk of being a finance company/bank.If people don't repay their loans you go broke too.!
    How much of the Heartland Bank $2.1 million is the total amount actually paid out by Heartland, as opposed to cash not paid in to Heartland by Catherine? For example, Heartland, or its previous company, may have loaned $400,000 to Catherine a few years ago. She evidently was a 'slow payer' and penalty interest rates applied. Those would swallow an Iceberg without any problem. It would certainly make a Debt Mountain out of $400,000. My figures are purely theoretical, plucked from the air. As is, I suspect, the $2.1 million owed.

Catherine put into Receivership in July last year, so would have been festering for a while before that

if you notice Heartland staff and directors all wearing fishnets, you know they have taken posession of inventory....

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I do have concerns that you may be a very thirsty Bear by the 9th of July.
    Do you "Cool Bears" sort of soak up liquids before you hibernate??
    Haha. If, or rather when, HNZ hits $1, this bear can afford to go somewhere warmer and do not need to hibernate in the cold.