sharetrader
Page 328 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 2282783183243253263273283293303313323383784288281328 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,280 of 17397
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by mouse View Post
    Closing share price today, Wednesday, 23rd, is a bit naughty. What to do?
    Go to bed dreaming of the fat growing dividends you will receive FOR EVER from Heartland.
    I go to bed every night counting dollars coming in from Heartland, rather then counting sheep.Some nights I don't care whether I fall asleep or not.!!
    Just keep on counting and counting!!! More and more shares,more and more dollars.Other nights I try and work out the compound effect of the dividend reinvestment .Just more and more shares worth more and more. Wife says I always wake up in the morning with a big smile on my face!!
    Last edited by percy; 23-07-2014 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Go to bed dreaming of the fat growing dividends you will receive FOR EVER from Heartland.
    I go to bed every night counting dollars coming in from Heartland, rather then counting sheep.Some nights I don't care whether I fall asleep or not.!!
    Just keep on counting and counting!!! More and more shares,more and more dollars.Other nights I try and work out the compound effect of the dividend reinvestment .Just more and more shares worth more and more. Wife says I always wake up in the morning with a big smile on my face!!
    Just waking up puts a big smile on my face, Percy!

percy

Quote Originally Posted by mouse View Post
    Just waking up puts a big smile on my face, Percy!
    So true for a lot of us !!!

One of the main drivers of this companies profitability is credit growth, which is dependent on continuing economic growth and confidence. So what happens if National loses the election, and we end up with what they call a "coalition of losers." These idiots could seriously tank the economy. Who will borrow to buy a car if they have doubts about their employment, what farmer will borrow to expand and what company will borrow to invest in new plant, if they have no confidence in their future prospects? I own shares in HNZ and would like to buy more, but I will wait until I know who is going to be running the country for the next term. Don't wish to spoil your sleep Percy.
    Last edited by zigzag; 24-07-2014 at 09:52 PM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by zigzag View Post
    One of the main drivers of this companies profitability is credit growth, which is dependent on continuing economic growth and confidence. So what happens if National loses the election, and we end up with what they call a "coalition of losers." These idiots could seriously tank the economy. Who will borrow to buy a car if they have doubts about their employment, what farmer will borrow to expand and what company will borrow to invest in new plant, if they have no confidence in their future prospects? I own shares in HNZ and would like to buy more, but I will wait until I know who is going to be running the country for the next term. Don't wish to spoil your sleep Percy.
    Don't tell any one but my first business was a toy shop.Always did better with a Labour government.
    Labour/National need businesses to do well,so they can employ people.People employed pay taxes which means the politicians can keep getting paid.Better businesses do, the better the country does.The share market is where we can buy a holding in these companies.
    Off to bed in a minute.So many Heartland dollars to count I have to get to bed early.!!!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by zigzag View Post
    About 10 years ago I read in the Grauniad in the UK (sorry no link!) since ww2 that Labour governments there produced (coincided with?) greater strength on the stock exchange. That included a time when there was a strong Trotsky element in Old Labour in the UK. So red flag wavers don't necessarily make for a poor showing on the share markets. Redistributing wealth from rich to poor may also stimulate consumption and hence the fortunes of some companies.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    So red flag wavers don't necessarily make for a poor showing on the share markets.
    Yip - nothing better for the economy than wasteful spending. not sustainable though.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    Um. Sorry to be nit picky but that's wrong. (yeah I know it was tongue in cheek.)

Should read: nothing better for the economy than sensible, sustainable spending.
    Which group on the electoral gravy train would they be ???..

Why are there so many clipping the tickets as this train travels ??

4.5 million people..

How many people. Local and Central are just ticket clippers ??

Should they not be included in the welfare statistics ??

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Can someone please advise me about the dividend policy? I see from their last report they had a record date for an interim divvy on 12/3/14 but I couldn't see anything about future dividends. What's the story?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing View Post
    Can someone please advise me about the dividend policy? I see from their last report they had a record date for an interim divvy on 12/3/14 but I couldn't see anything about future dividends. What's the story?
    When Heartland announce their full year result at the end of August for the year ended 30/6/2014 they will advise the amount of the dividend and the ex and date payable.