sharetrader
Page 331 of 1742 FirstFirst ... 2312813213273283293303313323333343353413814318311331 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,310 of 17417
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    That's what heard a week or so ago. I had waited for so long to buy and the chart finally looked healthy and I bought a bundle ......and it was so exciting to see it go all the way to 98 and was praising my timing skills

And now all this

Still holding .....in profit .....and hoping
    Don't like the look of the chart.
    Could be a head and shoulders pattern.
    Take your profits and go water the Rata trees.!! lol.

waiting on the side lines for 0.8X entry will we see it though?

The way the market is constantly running out of puff lately maybe

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Don't like the look of the chart.
    Could be a head and shoulders pattern.
    Take your profits and go water the Rata trees.!! lol.

Rata doing great. Percy rata must be a few feet taller than Snoopy rata now

Saw a ruru up the gully last week .... exciting to see such wildlife coming back to what was a scrub/weed covered valley 15 years ago. The regeneration is certainly working

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Rata doing great. Percy rata must be a few feet taller than Snoopy rata now

Saw a ruru up the gully last week .... exciting to see such wildlife coming back to what was a scrub/weed covered valley 15 years ago. The regeneration is certainly working
    Fantastic.
    We were lucky enough to live at the foot of the Port Hills in Cashmere about 5 years ago,and it was wonderful to see the reappearance of native wood pigeons .As you say nice to see regeneration working.

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    I posted heaps about the flat-lining between 86 and 88 and buying in this range would be a good idea. Clearly that wasn't the bit of TA advice you're referring to.

And now to add insult to injury, a disclosure: I was selling a few into the spike to 98c and averaged 96.9c. Will choose a new buy price once the looming "correction" has petered out. Sorry.

Still 70% expect 1.00 plus by Christmas (down from 100%) as NZ's economic outlook is not as it was a few months back and HNZ will suffer a slow down accordingly.
    heartland has some exposure to the rural sector so lower milk payout will affect i guess...not sure how much....have owned heartland before and regretted selling but cant work out a price to buy in....sold all my nzo week or so ago so am cash rich but lacking in the technical department....can only marvel at the experts when it comes to finance

Interesting analysis on NBR:

http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/heartla...tive-pressures

In a nutshell: they feel that Heartland lost growth momentum (as well with dairy down) and is now sort of compelled to grow through purchases ... which may or may not be a good thing.

Discl: sold out during the recent peak - happy to watch from the side lines.

Snoopy has done a lot of analysis about HNZ loan book. Most of this has been rubbished by the believers.

I for one always wonder how much banks/insurance companies 'smooth' profits by subtle changes to provision assumptions / discount rates etc.

Good on Snoops for trying to work out HNZ accounts.

John Kay is a renowned economic commentator. Interesting piece he as written on such issues. Seeing its a weekend have a read

http://www.johnkay.com/2014/07/30/wh...en-meaningless

Last couple of paragraphs -

There is no “right” answer to the problem of accounting for these kinds of uncertainty; only a need to acknowledge that there is never such a thing as a single true and fair view, only a range of possible outcomes. When a business has many long-term contracts, or teeters on the verge of bankruptcy, that range may be very wide.

I can see the difficulty a bank chief financial officer will encounter if they tell depositors, shareholders and regulators that annual earnings are something between a loss of $5bn and a profit of $10bn; but such a statement may be the only view of the company’s affairs that is genuinely true and fair.

Default Some Perspective

There was a brief surge to 98 from a base built first in the late 80's and then in the low 90's and now were back to low 90's after its confirmed there will be a $4B hole in the economy caused by the dramatic fall in Dairy prices and recent equity market weakness generally. Further the absolute avalanche of new IPO's sucks the wind out of the market. Why is anyone surprised by a correction of a few cents ?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    There was a brief surge to 98 from a base built first in the late 80's and then in the low 90's and now were back to low 90's after its confirmed there will be a $4B hole in the economy caused by the dramatic fall in Dairy prices and recent equity market weakness generally. Further the absolute avalanche of new IPO's sucks the wind out of the market. Why is anyone surprised by a correction of a few cents ?
    Well said Roger this is one stock I'm quite happy to just leave in the bottom drawer along with my PGW ,Genesis and MRP

percy

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Interesting analysis on NBR:

http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/heartla...tive-pressures

In a nutshell: they feel that Heartland lost growth momentum (as well with dairy down) and is now sort of compelled to grow through purchases ... which may or may not be a good thing.

Discl: sold out during the recent peak - happy to watch from the side lines.
    At last year's agm Heartland made it very clear they would look for growth via acquisitions.
    Since then they have acquired the market leader in the REL sector in NZ.They also have an REL business in Aussie.This sector is fast growing in both countries.[A fantastic acquisition]
    Was not that long ago they acquired the finance division of PGW.
    Motor Trade Finance would be a great fit with Heartland,but thankfully Heartland are being cautious as the deal appears to contain too many fish hooks.
    Heartland made it very clear at last years agm they want to be the best bank and not the biggest.Only looking to do "good business". And have had their credit rating upgraded.
    So nothing new in the NBR article for me.
    Growth momentum?All financial intos are finding organic growth hard to achieve.DPC are taking over TUA to achieve it.
    Last edited by percy; 02-08-2014 at 06:05 PM.