sharetrader
Page 332 of 1738 FirstFirst ... 2322823223283293303313323333343353363423824328321332 ... LastLast
Results 3,311 to 3,320 of 17378

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    At last year's agm Heartland made it very clear they would look for growth via acquisitions.
    Since then they have acquired the market leader in the REL sector in NZ.They also have an REL business in Aussie.This sector is fast growing in both countries.[A fantastic acquisition]
    Was not that long ago they acquired the finance division of PGW.
    Motor Trade Finance would be a great fit with Heartland,but thankfully Heartland are being cautious as the deal appears to contain too many fish hooks.
    Heartland made it very clear at last years agm they want to be the best bank and not the biggest.Only looking to do "good business". And have had their credit rating upgraded.
    So nothing new in the NBR article for me.
    Growth momentum?All financial intos are finding organic growth hard to achieve.DPC are taking over TUA to achieve it.
    Hi Percy - didn't meant to criticize the stock ... I consider HNZ as a solid share, nothing wrong with investing into it. Just not sure I expect short term such amazing SP growth as some people on this thread seem to hope for. As well - I learned my lessons on finance companies the hard way, and given that HNZ is sort of moving into this direction (again - no affront intended) would I request higher rewards from this stock than it currently seems to offer.

But hey - forecasts are very difficult, particularly if they involve the future. HNZ stays on my watchlist, and if the price is right I may very well buy in again.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Hi Percy - didn't meant to criticize the stock ... I consider HNZ as a solid share, nothing wrong with investing into it. Just not sure I expect short term such amazing SP growth as some people on this thread seem to hope for. As well - I learned my lessons on finance companies the hard way, and given that HNZ is sort of moving into this direction (again - no affront intended) would I request higher rewards from this stock than it currently seems to offer.

But hey - forecasts are very difficult, particularly if they involve the future. HNZ stays on my watchlist, and if the price is right I may very well buy in again.
    Sorry BlackPeter my post was aimed at replying to the NBR article,not you.
    You will have noted from my posts I have been adding to my HNZ holding as they achieve more runs on the board.I see it as a solid,well run business, founded on strong foundations,on modest ratios,a low PE,paying a good fully imputed dividend,with the capacity to increase it .
    I have no concerns at today's share price.When it makes $1 does not worry me.What I am looking forward to is the day it hits my value target of $1.25.!
    Last edited by percy; 02-08-2014 at 07:07 PM.

Sorry BlackPeter my post was aimed at replying to the NBR article,not you.
    You will have noted from my posts I have been adding to my HNZ holding as they achieve more runs on the board.I see it as a solid,well run business, founded on strong foundations,on modest ratios,a low PE,paying a good fully imputed dividend,with the capacity to increase it .
    I have no concerns at today's share price.When it makes $1 does not worry me.What I am looking forward to is the day it hits my value target of $1.25.!
    Earnings update - at top end of guidance.

Advanced Member

Well...that really rocked the share price. Wonder what a slightly negative report might have done ?
    High expectations of this stock. Hasn't disappointed us yet. (Thanks Percy )

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    None too dusty. W69, you're going to be fine.
    Hope so but $36m is a bit disappointing.

They said $34m-$37m before we new about Seniors. Seniors contributing $1m so that's good. But in reality the $36m is really $35m in the context of the original guidance. So not that great

And heaps more shares to spread the $36m around too.

Never mind - I take heart that belg says I going to be fine. Nice

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    EPS of 7.8 cents if punters interested. But they will report on time weighted basis so 'official' figure will be higher. It's all honky dory

percy

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Well...that really rocked the share price. Wonder what a slightly negative report might have done ?
    High expectations of this stock. Hasn't disappointed us yet. (Thanks Percy )
    With a good company built on solid foundations we are unlikely to get any nasty surprises.!??
    I think we will see it growing nice and steadily. [slowly]
    The fundamentals are excellent,being on a low PE and paying excellent dividends.
    Interestingly they are improving the ROE [return on equity].They said they were looking to improve it, and are doing so.
    Last edited by percy; 07-08-2014 at 12:02 PM.

Interestingly they are improving the ROE [return on equity].They said they were looking to improve it, and are doing so.
    Yes, great to see. Hopefully one day they will be on par with the major banks (somewhere between 14-20% ROE I believe). Like many other shareholders I have very high hopes for the reverse mortgage business over the next couple of years.