sharetrader
Page 338 of 1721 FirstFirst ... 2382883283343353363373383393403413423483884388381338 ... LastLast
Results 3,371 to 3,380 of 17210
    Share Collector

Quote Originally Posted by vorno View Post
    You have to keep in mind the simple fact that there are not a lot of women who want to be a 'suit', much like you don't get a lot of men who wish to become fashion designers.
    Seriously?? I think there are plenty of women out there that would be keen. As for the "time out to bear children" bit, this argument amazes me. For a start, the number of years a women takes out of the work force these days is only 10-15% of a typical career span which is hardly a killer. Secondly, that argument incredulously presumes that women become cabbages while at home and learn nothing, whereas it is likely that by the time they have learnt to manage toddler behaviour and served on kindergarten committees that they have learned more about management, governance, self-motivation and time-management than they would have in the workforce.

Looking around my friends these days (at age 49), most of the women are now the main income earner in their family.

As an aside, I would love to see a study on the brain reactions of men when a middle-aged woman makes a point as opposed to a man or younger woman saying the same thing... I reckon the amygdala would fire up when the middle-aged woman speaks, with the man automatically reacting like a teenager being berated by his mother.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    As for the "time out to bear children" bit, this argument amazes me. For a start, the number of years a women takes out of the work force these days is only 10-15% of a typical career span which is hardly a killer.
    10% less experience when all others things are equal could be a clincher.

Quote Originally Posted by vorno View Post
    You have to keep in mind the simple fact that there are not a lot of women who want to be a 'suit', much like you don't get a lot of men who wish to become fashion designers. It comes down to simple choice, usually influenced by our social factors in life. For instance would you expect a guy with dreadlocks to head it up?! Now that would be an un-usual occurrence!

Statistical aberration? Well, it is expected so I would call it normal!
    LOL - that's the argument alpha males use since diluvial times ... the females just don't want to wear a suit! I am sure that the ISIS terrorists say as well that women always wanted to be suppressed ...

Now - I am male and worked for a long time in the industry. I have seen several examples for capable women bumping against the glass ceiling (or just accidentally not selected by white middle aged male senior managers).

I used to work as well a long time in recruitment of technical staff in New Zealand. Funny thing is, if you are in the candidate selection open related to skin colour or gender, than you can find in NZ basically throughout the year top quality graduates happy to work for you. Funny thing is - only between say June to August you find great graduates from all genders and races. The rest of the year you still can find great people, but most of them will have darker skin, Asian eyes and / or might be female - the top quality white males find their jobs already during the first application round.

But for sure - NZ does not discriminate based on race, skin colour and gender - yeah right - somebody give me a TUI, please!

Edit - let's move this debate to private chat! I feel I'm going off topic!
    Last edited by vorno; 20-08-2014 at 01:55 PM.

PGW have a Board approved Diversity Policy

http://www.pggwrightson.co.nz/Userfi...ril%202014.pdf

Can't find similar document for Heartland and a search of the last Annual Report for diverse or diversity brings nil findings

I look forward to what PGW put in their Annual Report .....and a response from Heartland seeing if they haves policy
    Last edited by winner69; 20-08-2014 at 04:27 PM.

Under NZX Listing rules there is now a requirement to give some gender breakdowns in Annual Reports and if a company so desires voluntary disclose any policy or commentary about diversity

The crux of the Listing Rule is in the preamble

There is credible research based evidence which suggests that diversity, and gender diversity in particular, contribute to improved performance at both Board and senior management level.

I hope that Heartland go beyond minimum disclosure requirements in the Annual Report

3.5 c final divie. Must say I'm stoked I finally pulled the trigger and bought in to HNZ

Quote Originally Posted by Okebw View Post
    3.5 c final divie. Must say I'm stoked I finally pulled the trigger and bought in to HNZ
    Same here. I have only been a holder for the last few weeks basically because it looked a lot less volatile than everything else I seem to hold. The results certainly make for good reading but I am waiting for the more detailed analysis from the long termers before I jump up and down.

Quote Originally Posted by Toasty View Post
    Same here. I have only been a holder for the last few weeks basically because it looked a lot less volatile than everything else I seem to hold. The results certainly make for good reading but I am waiting for the more detailed analysis from the long termers before I jump up and down.
    Me too. I'll put my hand up for the full analysis on AIR's result on Wednesday but will rely on long term holders thoughts on this one. On the face of it this looks like a good credible result and they continue to deliver on the growth promises they've made.

percy

I am very pleased with the result,and the very nice dividend.
    Non-core property further reduced.
    ROE increasing from 2.8% in 2011 up to 9.75% in the last quarter of 2014.
    EPS increasing from 5cents in 2011 to 9 cents in 2014 [yes up 80%]
    Equity ratio still most impressive at 15%.
    Loved the "Heartland is now in growth phase."
    Pleasing to see low earning mortgages being replaced with higher yielding products.
    NTA is a very respectible 86cents per share.