sharetrader
Page 352 of 1746 FirstFirst ... 2523023423483493503513523533543553563624024528521352 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,520 of 17451

Looking at this from a TA perspective, the SP is up from 55 cps 2 years ago, (up 68%), interestingly only up from 87 cents 1 year ago so after quite a lengthy period of ostensibly flat SP performance over the last year it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if from a technical perspective we've built a springboard for out-performance in the year ahead. Certainly if we see a 68% gain from here in the next two year W69, we'll have your $1.56 but you might have to wait till Sept 2016. I can be patient and will hereby undertake to lead said standing ovation at the 2016 AGM if we're north of $1.50 by then
    Have I mentioned before that we're being paid very handsomely in dividends while we wait

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Looking at this from a TA perspective, the SP is up from 55 cps 2 years ago, (up 68%), interestingly only up from 87 cents 1 year ago so after quite a lengthy period of ostensibly flat SP performance over the last year it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if from a technical perspective we've built a springboard for out-performance in the year ahead. Certainly if we see a 68% gain from here in the next two year W69, we'll have your $1.56 but you might have to wait till Sept 2016. I can be patient and will hereby undertake to lead said standing ovation at the 2016 AGM if we're north of $1.50 by then
    Have I mentioned before that we're being paid very handsomely in dividends while we wait
    A breakout / springboard happened a while ago. Belg said a perfect time to buy - I did .......long long long consolidation period and vroom. Nearly hit a buck eh. But alas fell back to that consolidation level and I was only a day away from being underwater .....what an embarrassment..

Has settled at 94/95 but boring as eh.

The people at Heartland need to get out and do a bit of promoting, a bit of hype needed from. Do a round of analyst briefings and all ha sort of stuff.

As you say in spite of a superbly wonderful performance over the last year he shareprice only up a bit - not much in fact and not in line with performance.

They need a rev up instead of sitting on their laurels

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    A breakout / springboard happened a while ago. Belg said a perfect time to buy - I did .......long long long consolidation period and vroom. Nearly hit a buck eh. But alas fell back to that consolidation level and I was only a day away from being underwater .....what an embarrassment..

Has settled at 94/95 but boring as eh.

The people at Heartland need to get out and do a bit of promoting, a bit of hype needed from. Do a round of analyst briefings and all ha sort of stuff.

As you say in spite of a superbly wonderful performance over the last year he shareprice only up a bit - not much in fact and not in line with performance.

They need a rev up instead of sitting on their laurels
    Just hold fire on the promo mate I'm still busy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc7mc3sS1nM

percy

Just hold fire on the promo mate I'm still busy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc7mc3sS1nM
    Fantastic driving.
    Don't all of us get ahead of ourselves with future projections.
    Heartland have been moving at a very respectable pace.Merging three businesses to form HNZ.Taking over PGW's finance division and Sentinel RELs.
    All the time obtaining a banking licence,working their way through the end of government gurantee period,keeping depositors happy and reducing the costs of doing business.They have taken the time to lay the solid foundations for a very prosperous long term bank business.
    Now posters want a "diversity policy" more "promotion" and higher expected eps.
    I just want them to keep doing what they have proved they can do,and my value price of $1.25 will be reached soon enough. .

Default Slow is good - slow living, slow ahem..

[QUOTE=winner69;502762They need a rev up instead of sitting on their laurels[/QUOTE]

HNZ is an incredibly boring share but with a very slight upward bias.

However, it is also my best performing share for the last two years. It closed at 57 cents on 6 Sep 2012 and at 86 cents a year ago on 5 Sep 2013. Even if you consider the boring last 12 months, it is now 96 cents, an increase of 10 cents. Add the dividends of 6 cents (and fully imputed too!!), you are 16 cents up or an 18.6% after tax gain. If we can consistently achieve that in our portfolios, we will all retire very young and early.

So all I want is for it to just creep up an average of 1 cent a month for the next couple of years, or better still 1 percent a month.

Not asking much am I?

Edit: realised that my calculation above is based on present price which is CD but so is the 86 cents last year (albeit with 2.5 cents div then) - so, share up 10 cents and div paid in the last 12 months of 5 cents makes an after tax gain of 17.24 percent
    Last edited by Cool Bear; 05-09-2014 at 03:51 PM. Reason: cd not xd

Percy they probably have a Diversity Policy. I would just like to see what it looks like and what they are doing in achieving any objectives

They met minimum listing requirements in the 2013 Annual Report with a little table showing 1 female out of 14 Directors and Officers. No commentary. NZX has recommended that companies make an effort and do a commentary around diversity strategies

You like how PGW operate. They do a good job on their website and in their Annual Reports in this regard.

I am not saying that they need 20% of seniors to be female or whatever . I just want to know if diversity is even on the strategic agenda. Remember (NZX quote from guidelines) There is credible research based evidence which suggests that diversity, and gender diversity in particular, contribute to improved performance at both Board and senior management level.

We'll see what eventuates

SUM have lots of diversity on their board and it doesn't seem to be helping them

SUM have lots of diversity on their board and it doesn't seem to be helping them
    Your hero Norah was a great diversity champion .... or put up as the poster person

I think age and cultural background are just as importance as gender

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Fantastic driving.
    Don't all of us get ahead of ourselves with future projections.
    Heartland have been moving at a very respectable pace.Merging three businesses to form HNZ.Taking over PGW's finance division and Sentinel RELs.
    All the time obtaining a banking licence,working their way through the end of government gurantee period,keeping depositors happy and reducing the costs of doing business.They have taken the time to lay the solid foundations for a very prosperous long term bank business.
    Now posters want a "diversity policy" more "promotion" and higher expected eps.
    I just want them to keep doing what they have proved they can do,and my value price of $1.25 will be reached soon enough. .
    Not too forget getting that credit rating upgrade

W69 I suspect Norah is none too pleased with me at the moment.
    Last edited by Beagle; 05-09-2014 at 04:27 PM.

percy

[QUOTE=Roger;502819]Not too forget getting that credit rating upgrade

Yes I did forget that.
    Certainly they worked for it and got it.
    Would think they will keep working for further upgrades.